Part number for loco plugs to attach to 'Spectrum' tenders

Started by loco4fun, October 08, 2009, 05:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loco4fun

I've bought a half dozen of the beautiful 'Spectrum' 'Vandy' and 'Hicken' tenders.   These will ride behind some of my old engines in the future.  My problem is a lack of information on getting the engine 2 and 4 pin plugs that mate with the receptacle harnesses that connect the engine and tender.  Does anyone have the 'Mouser', 'Digi-Key', or ??? with part numbers?
I haven't had any luck with talking to the Bachmann parts and service departments.

Any help would be appreciated,

Bob

rich1998

i have those two paper catalogs. looked about three times. nothing. i used a caliper to get the specs. good luck
lex

loco4fun

Lexon,
my comments exactly!!  Plenty of studying and vernier calipers to get exact spacing, and I still struck out!

rich1998

i have been able to purchase the two connectors that have the wires on them from Bachmann, but not the one mounted in the tender end or locomotive bottom. The 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 have two connectors mounted in the bottom of the loco.
i think the connectors come from china, everything comes from china. if bachmann told us the company, we would probably have to order a large batch. no way bachmann could ever profit from this.
businesses today are for profit. no problem with profit, but they are not model railroader focused.
lex