News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

how old

Started by full maxx, December 01, 2009, 07:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

It is the newest version, you can tell by the power pack that it comes with among other things.

Pacific Northern

The set is fairly new, you can tell because the power pack is not the Spectrum transformer.

These sets were being sold with large discounts a few months ago, but what with Christmas coming prices seem to have been raised.

Pacific Northern

hawaiiho

You might want to do some research before bidding.

Try some place like  MB Klein(Model Train Stuff)

full maxx

some one on here linked me to the sale at model train stuff a week ago or so but I got one from ebay for $131.something shipped and that auction is the same thing...I ask in a thread a few days ago if the guy that had the engine that threw a screw... if it was from a 2-8-0 consolidated but he never answered but anyway it should be here any day as it has been in the mail for 8-9 days now coming from Utah
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

full maxx

Oh by the way thanks for the reply's

Jim Banner

Quote from: full maxx on December 01, 2009, 08:42:16 PM
...I ask in a thread a few days ago if the guy that had the engine that threw a screw... if it was from a 2-8-0 consolidated ...

Was that in this thread My HO Spectrum 2-8-0 "threw a screw"

Then it was a 2-8-0 Consolidation.  The terms 2-8-0 and Consolidation are synonymous.  You will also hear Consolidations referred to as "Connies."

You might like to check out the link below which shows the Whyte Classification System.  It relates wheel arrangements to names and gives a brief history of many of them.

http://www.steamlocomotive.com/misc/wheels.shtml

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

full maxx

full maxx

its here its here yaaah ...ok I have one question... after reading the manual and all enclosed lit. there seems to be two little plugs (dummy plugs) and I must be a dummy cause I did not see anything about them nor was there anything in the dvd so are they not to be used out of the box...is the set plug n play as it is ...also is the Pere Marquette also plug n play out of the box because it came today too and I want to start the break-in

jbsmith

Are the dummy plugs really small and in a plastic bag?

If you are  running on DC at the moment you do not need them.
You are right, the locos will run straight out of the box.

But do not throw those little jumpers away either, hang on to them! you may want them later. I just stored mine in a box car that has sliding doors.

Yes the Berkshire will run staight out of the box.
Just follow the break in instructions and all should be well.

full maxx

I kinda thought so but its better to ask than to do it wrong ...thanks so much, as soon as little one is snoozing , break in will begin

ABC

The dummy plugs are for better DC operation, if you choose to remove your decoder. If you plan on using a Dynamis or E-Z Command to run them then you will not need them and you can just hang on to them. However, the locos have dual mode decoders and will run on DC or DCC, so the dummy plugs are optional and a matter of preference when running on a DC layout.

full maxx

so if I unhook the decoder and put in the dummy plugs it will preform better???

jbsmith

Quote from: full maxx on December 02, 2009, 09:12:11 PM

Good question.
I never took the decoder out of mine.So,,,no comment.
"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
I am happy with the my my berk runs with the decoder in it on DC and IF I ever get around to giving DCC a try then the decoder is already there.
Got good low speed perfomance and the top speed is not so fast as to cause wrecks.

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on December 02, 2009, 09:12:11 PM
It may make a difference, it may not. It just depends on the locomotive, and other factors. Most of the time it runs great as is, but occasionally one could get better performance in DC if you pull the decoder and install the 2 plugs.