News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

donald and douglas nameplates

Started by dan-hornby, March 02, 2010, 06:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan-hornby

exited about the release of the scottish twins but where are the nameplates going to be? are they goiung to be at the front as we all first saw them when they got there names painted on them or are they going to be as the new series has them in the middle. i would prefer them at the front

James The Red Engine

I remember bringing this up with Chaz one time.  Most likely they'll be in the middle.  :-\

thomasj219

They were in the middle in part of season 3 so im not complaining but i would prefer the front
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

James The Red Engine

Quote from: thomasj219 on March 02, 2010, 07:55:17 PM
They were in the middle in part of season 3 so im not complaining but i would prefer the front

Wouldn't it be nice if Bachmann just included them with the twins so you could put them on yourself? :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: James The Red Engine on March 02, 2010, 08:31:23 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if Bachmann just included them with the twins so you could put them on yourself? :)
I don't think having such small parts that can be removable would be a good idea.

James The Red Engine

Quote from: Sparks on March 02, 2010, 08:37:41 PM
Quote from: James The Red Engine on March 02, 2010, 08:31:23 PM

I don't think having such small parts that can be removable would be a good idea.

You do have a point.  However, it still would be a good idea I think. :-\

The Chaz Storm

Well Spencer's nameplate stayed on him, I can't really recall any range that let's you add the nameplates to the characters...

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Cheeky_ULP

James The Red Engine

Quote from: Sparks on March 03, 2010, 11:47:30 PM
Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 03, 2010, 11:30:16 PM
What if they were stickers? ;)
That would be really tacky...

Another thing is that after time they would probably slowly start to peal off. :P

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I know that. I was just saying that that would make it possible. The nameplates will likely be static and the details tampographed. They will probably be in the current central position, but with luck we'll have them on the smokeboxes.

PasqualeCS96

PerfectPercy

On wooden railway models they were always in the front. I'm willing to bet the front. If they are stationary, that will be fine (it will look better like that too). These are considered toys, so small objects doesn't equal small children friendly.

Hoss

you can always have nameplates, you just have to buy etched brass ones separate.

StanierJack

Quote from: Hoss on May 29, 2010, 09:01:11 PM
you can always have nameplates, you just have to buy etched brass ones separate.

And they will never happen, if anyone made them HiT would jump on them like a ton of bricks. And etched brass plates for a toy? Think about it...  ::)