News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help with wiring

Started by trainweapon, May 26, 2010, 06:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainweapon

I have just recently purchased EZ Command.My layout is 2 20' ovals, one a little smaller on the inside, they are connected with multiple cross overs.The EZ Command is powered to the outside loop.Everything ran fine until I built my diagnol bridge from corner to corner on the inside.As soon as I connected it , it beeped which Im sure you guys know means a short.I went to my local train place and they advised I block out the bridge with plastic rail guards and buy the atlas reversing switch.My question is all this compatible with the EZ Command?How do you guys suggest I wire this?Do I need another power pack?Does it need to be another EZ Commad?

trainweapon

I guess this a reverse loop connection, which the manual states to be particularly careful with and to turn all electrical blocks on, but it realy does not tell you how to do it.

ABC

Actually Bachmann makes an automatic reversing module for such an occasion and it is compatible with the E-Z Command.

Stephen D. Richards

You do have a reverse loop connection.  Bachmann has a very simple but effective solution.  Purchase the Reverse Loop Module and wire it according to instructions.  I have two and they work fine with EZ Command and Dynamis.  Hope that helps a bit.  Stephen

Stephen D. Richards

Oops! Sorry ABC, didn't mean to step on you like that.  Guess we saw that at the same time.  Stephen

ABC

Quote from: Stephen D. Richards on May 26, 2010, 07:26:27 PM
Oops! Sorry ABC, didn't mean to step on you like that.  Guess we saw that at the same time.  Stephen
It's okay, I've done that before too.

trainweapon

will I need 1 or 2 reverse loop accessesories?and thanks I didnt even know that existed

Stephen D. Richards

Depends on how you have the track tied in together.  If my assumptions are correct you may only need one reverse loop system (one reverse loop unit, two special reverse loop sections of track or just use the plastic track connectors as mentioned in the instructions)  Worth the money spent.  Check the Bachmann website for info.  Hope this helps.  Stephen

Doneldon

TW -

Bachmann and others make good, reliable polarity reversers.  You can even get kits to build your own.  But the prefabs are so cheap online or at ebay that it doesn't really pay.  They're easy to hook up, too.

One reverse loop module should do the job for you unless you have multiple reversing sections and you expect to need to have the reverser work at precisely the same time on two or more of them.  Highly unlikely.  Buy one.

--D