News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann dcc controller

Started by tfdrain, August 28, 2010, 05:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfdrain

looking for options to use this controller to also power some non-DCC accessories such as wired switch tracks....ideas?

richg

More information please. Which one? Bachmann sells two different versions.

Try to include more info in a question which will help quite a lot.

Rich

ABC

If it is the Dynamis, you can tap into the track power. If it is the E-Z Command, I wouldn't tap into the track power unless I had a booster. The reasoning behind this is that if you are operating accessories, it draws power away from the track which is needed to run your locomotive and provide power for passenger cars and spotlight cars. When you have lights and switches connected it could cause an overload and thereby cause all trains to stop or slow down drastically or run erratically.
There is a much better solution obtain any old HO power pack/transformer or a wall-wort power supply and use that to power your accessories. Bachmann's DCC systems were not really made to power accessories, which is why their is no accessory terminals on them, they were made to control multiple locomotives and locomotives with sound. You can get old HO power supplies for about $3 or $4 at garage sales, train expos, or online on ebay or craigslist.

tfdrain

sorry about not enough detail; it is an Easy command item number 44901.

my only thought was to use an older controller for accessories only.

thanks for your  responses

NarrowMinded

I have a little shack on my micro on30 layout I use the decoder I took out of my rail truck to turn the inside lights on and off, run a old geared motor that makes the old man in a rocking chair rock and it turns the porch light on when I run the motor in reverse.

All of this from just two wires running from the track to the shack. I love dcc

NM