News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Price's

Started by thomasforever1, October 15, 2010, 07:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClearwtaerMK2

Quote from: MetaDude27 on February 13, 2011, 09:37:35 AM
Or how about TrainSetsOnly.com? Anyone heard of that site?
None of us had really heard of that site. :(

MetaDude27

I was just looking around some model train web stores. It looks like Bachmann has raised all their prices (again). :(

Anthony P2

FUDGE THIS RECESSION!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(     recession: effecting model railroaders every day.

TheJJ

Ik. just wondering as an opinion. should I buy more annie and clarabels or troublesome trucks? A&C will make either red or orange branchline coaches.

BillingsRR

This resscion has been coming for a few years, but finally hit in 2008. Right after Obama was elected. It really started in 2005 under Bush when the real estate market went to mush. Bachmann's prices for an engine are all under $100, which is cheap for an engine with Bachmann's quality.

Cheeky_ULP

We're still in a recession?

TobyTheTram16

thomasj219

I f you download BACHMANNS new catalog you can see that they did a major price hike.

HO
Thomas is now 50 dollars
Spencer is 98 dolllars
Go look for yourself.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

BillingsRR

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 25, 2011, 07:16:00 AM
I f you download BACHMANNS new catalog you can see that they did a major price hike.

HO
Thomas is now 50 dollars
Spencer is 98 dolllars
Go look for yourself.

Again, because we are in a resecion, the less trains they sell, the higher the prices go. All of the companies are doing it now. Look at gas prices, in some places it is $3.99 a gallon and the national average is $3.50. Everything is going up, food, trains, cars, tickets, etc. It happens and has been happening since 2005.

thomasforever1

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 25, 2011, 07:44:10 AM
Quote from: thomasj219 on February 25, 2011, 07:16:00 AM

HO
Thomas is now 50 dollars
Spencer is 98 dollars
Go look for yourself.

Again, because we are in a recession, the less trains they sell, the higher the prices go. All of the companies are doing it now. Look at gas prices, in some places it is $3.99 a gallon and the national average is $3.50. Everything is going up, food, trains, cars, tickets, etc. It happens and has been happening since 2005.
Yeah I agree my local gas station's price is $4.99

J70

It's not just the recession that is a contributing factor. The cost of producing items in China is increasing, resulting in higher prices so that companies can still make a profit.

Jack

GreatWesternEngineFan

Thomas is now 50 dollars? :O Whoa, talk about crazy!  I got my Gordon model for only a little more than that....

Cupix the Azelf

Listen, bucko, Bachmann makes whatever price they please to suit the models.

If you don't like it, don't buy them.>:(

I rest my case. 8)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

My thomas cost ( at standard retail price when I got him about a year or 2 ago ) was $50AU it's not a big deal, just be greatful that your in america where you literally get more bang for your buck whilst my parents had to pay $95AU for Henry just about 2 months before christmas last year ( reason I know was I got to pick what I wanted for christmas from what they had availible at the time ) and you think your prices are bloated

branmas

Yep. I agree AJW. WE AUSSIES DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!