News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Power Pack

Started by Dave104, November 27, 2010, 09:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave104

I have a train set called The All-American Traveling Thrill Show, picked it up a a yard sale in the early 90's. It's mint still in the boxes but missing the power pack. Is this item still available and what is this set worth?

simkon

That particular item is no longer available and was discontinued over 15 years ago.

Dave104

Did all the sets use the same power pack?

Jim Banner

The original power pack was discontinued long ago by the modern replacement would be a Bachmann part number 44212.  Click on this link:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=209

I believe the MSRP is $53 but check around, you will probably find one for less.  Your local hobby shop may have a used HO power pack for even less.

Jim

Most contemporary sets used the same or very similar power packs.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Dave104

Thank You very much, they just opened a new Hobby Lobby in town do they carry them.

simkon

Most Hobby Lobby stores do not carry the individual power pack any longer, but they do carry a limited selection of trains sets that include a power pack. The four HO sets are the Santa Fe Flyer, Chattanooga Steam set, Pacific Flyer, and the Rail King. The Pacific Flyer & Santa Fe Flyer are both $70, while the power pack would have been $53, so for $15 more you get a whole train set. Also, try online dealers if you just want a power pack.
Also, every couple weeks they have a coupon that you can print online for 40% off any one regular price item. Sometimes it is in the local paper too.

bobwrgt

There is a set listed for sale on Ebay. It's a very old set and not worth all that much.
Do a search for power pack on Ebay and you will get many choices. Are you going to use this set or do you just want to get an original pack for it ? .If you are going to use the set or start collecting trains i would get a better power pack.

Bob