Dear Bachmann: Duck the Great Western Engine - Improved!

Started by The Chaz Storm, January 07, 2011, 10:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoNTrains

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Anthony P2

Quote from: DinoNTrains on May 06, 2011, 09:50:20 PM
Really? That's cool. Do they make new toolings so as to add faces/moving eyes (as in the case with the engines)?

they make new toolings because they are scratch built to fit in to the 00/HO scale. i remember some one posting something like that a long time ago. plus, if they did use the models they already had, they would have to modify them A LOT! they would be too detailed for the Thomas range.

DinoNTrains

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

GreatWesternEngineFan

Glad to see someone sees sense!  Duck would be perfect for next year along with Oliver and Toad.  Something Bachmann should really consider for next year, methinks. 

S.A.C. Martin

In the TV series, it was reputed that Duck shared his chassis design with Donald & Douglas. Read into that what you will...

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

its true. thay did use the same under carrige.
oh and the thing with oliver i hope thay get his back weel right
but i have full faith in bachmann
8) 8) 8) 8)BACHMANN RULE 8) 8) 8) 8)

Cirkit:)

Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on May 24, 2011, 06:22:07 AM
In the TV series, it was reputed that Duck shared his chassis design with Donald & Douglas. Read into that what you will...
Really? Never knew that. Though I guess it makes sense of why Duck looked so long..
Possibilites are starting to open up..

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Cirkit:) on May 27, 2011, 04:30:34 PM
Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on May 24, 2011, 06:22:07 AM
Really? Never knew that. Though I guess it makes sense of why Duck looked so long..
Possibilites are starting to open up..
He looks long because that's how Charles Collett designed him.