Dear Bachmann: Duck the Great Western Engine - Improved!

Started by The Chaz Storm, January 07, 2011, 10:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branmas

well heres something i know im doing if bachmann dont realease oliver and toad.................buying the hornby one, but i know i'm buying the hornby stepeny and old slow coach.

TheJJ

I can't buy over seas so as much as I want to....I can't.

Anthony P2

yes you can. i do it all the time. you order in British currency, then they take out the same amount in American money. ex: just recently i ordered new points for my layout. the total came to 23.45, in British money, so the bank will take out about $37.44. if that makes sense. :-\
it's really easy.

MetaDude27

I think he means that his parents won't allow him to order overseas.

TheJJ

Anthony P2

oh. but if you do in the future, order from legit websites. some that i use are www.railsofsheffield.com or www.timetunnelmodels.com or www.duncansmodeltrains.co.uk. there also is one in Texas: www.models11.com they have Bachmann Branchline items and other brands.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Anthony P2 on January 19, 2011, 07:34:44 PM
oh. but if you do in the future, order from legit websites. some that i use are www.railsofsheffield.com or www.timetunnelmodels.com or www.duncansmodeltrains.co.uk. there also is one in Texas: www.models11.com they have Bachmann Branchline items and other brands.

Thanks for the links.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

TheJJ

Same (thanks for the links). But lets get back on track (pun intended :D) and talk about Duck's chances.

MetaDude27

I'm not sure there's anything else we can say (but feel free to prove me wrong ;)).

TheJJ

Well I hope when he said both aren't coming out, he means only one.

MetaDude27

Yeah, I sure hope he means that, too. Like many have said, Duck's been "on the radar" for quite some time. I'd be surprised if Bachmann has simply ignored something like that for this long.

thomasj219

As would I, but HiT has seemed to have something against Duck from the word Go if you ask me, I mean look at the facts, he was a MAIN character from season 2 to 6, which is really from 1986 to 2002 so quite a space of time and in that time he along with the other Engines maintained their popularity and Ducks models were selling, like his ERTL model, Wooden model, TOMY model, HORNBY model as well as others, he was #8 Part of the Steam Team (I hate that phrase) then HiT takes over, no lines for him in season 7, and then absent for four seasons. He was replaced by Emily completely, probably to appease a group calling Thomas sexist she even moved into Tidmouth Sheds (I Would love to hear what the group thinks about that ;) ), but why introduce MANY more male characters after just to leave them after one episode when you already have great old ones, just to make money off their merchandise, seems silly to me because those characters are in so few episodes kids don't recognize them and their models don't even sell. Think about it if a little kid didn't see Heave Ho Thomas they have never seen Hank same goes with Flora and others, it just doesn't make sense. You have old characters fans would love to see and new fans would like as well and then you would have sales.

But to conclude this I really hope Duck is released, if not now soon, If BACHMANN made a post season 7 character Like Rosie whom I loathe, or others I would get them merely for the sake of collecting but they would probably collect dust in a siding. I am hoping for classics first, and I assume you all would agree.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TheJJ

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on January 21, 2011, 02:33:30 PM
He was replaced by Emily completely, probably to appease a group calling Thomas sexist she even moved into Tidmouth Sheds (I Would love to hear what the group thinks about that ;) )

Haha, Good one ;)

Quote from: thomasj219 on January 21, 2011, 02:33:30 PM
but why introduce MANY more male characters after just to leave them after one episode when you already have great old ones, just to make money off their merchandise, seems silly to me because those characters are in so few episodes kids don't recognize them and their models don't even sell. Think about it if a little kid didn't see Heave Ho Thomas they have never seen Hank same goes with Flora and others, it just doesn't make sense. You have old characters fans would love to see and new fans would like as well and then you would have sales.

But to conclude this I really hope Duck is released, if not now soon, If BACHMANN made a post season 7 character Like Rosie whom I loathe, or others I would get them merely for the sake of collecting but they would probably collect dust in a siding. I am hoping for classics first, and I assume you all would agree.

100% right. They make all these characters to SELL them. You know, the first time I saw Flora, I was at the toy store. I had no idea who she was, but the little kid in me (and all of us) made me want it. Oh, and I now think flora is definitely possible. She is just like toby. I would get her, but she would just collect dust in the corner. (like you said) I agree with you.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com