News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC

Started by Derek, February 01, 2011, 03:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek

Hello,  I am new to DCC control.  I've bought an Acela set, and a Bachmann DCC controller.  What other functions are available (such as horn), and what add-on do I need to activate them?

Also, how long is it safe to leave an analogue loco sitting on DCC-powered track?

Thank you.

richg

Which controller? Bachmann has two systems. EZ Command and Dynamis.

Rich

mabloodhound

Do not leave an analog loco sitting on DCC track!   Set up a section where you can turn off the power to the track with a switch, etc.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

ACY

You cannot under any circumstances leave a DC or analog loco sitting idle on the track for more than a minute or else it will overheat. Your Acela loco does not have a sound decoder, it would cost about $110 after everything is all said and done to install a sound decoder, speaker and baffle inside you acela loco. So if you want sound you must buy a sound decoder for your loco, otherwise there are no additional functions you cannot access. Make sure your loco has DCC and is not just DCC ready, the difference is one has a decoder and can be used with a DCC system and one needs a decoder installed before using it.

Derek

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It's an EZ controller.