News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Diesel Thread

Started by Mulfred, February 24, 2011, 05:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillingsRR

Quote from: MetaDude27 on March 17, 2011, 04:22:09 PM
She's a "he", guys. Sidney can be a boy's name, too. Besides, what kind of a girl would be nicknamed "Sid"? Also, the Thomas Wiki says he's male, and the TTTE wiki always has the final word. :P

Actually, Sid can be a nickname for a girl. I know of a girl, not personally, who is called Sid by the people who know here. I also have a 3rd cousin named Sidney who goes by Sid.

In defense of the TTTE wiki, they quickly undo every false edit made to their site. They deal with a lot of that, but still bring the best info to the table. Sometimes, they beat out SiF.

Jamie the engine

Quote from: dont have one on March 18, 2011, 09:56:18 PM
Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 18, 2011, 09:34:02 PM
Quote from: JJ96 on March 18, 2011, 03:27:55 PM
Any one find Pics of the other new diesels? Not the video/promo I mean pictures.

could you list names please?

From up to down they are Den, Dart, Paxton and Norman.

But can we please go back to talking about HO Diesel?
A suggestion for the Thomas board. Fights seen to start easily here and it just doesn't look good on the forum, so can we please stop them occuring? Anyway when you think about, it's pretty silly because anyone involved is fighting about a model train range based on a children's show!

TheJJ

Thank you and good idea. ;)
So do you guys think he will be released around the same time as D&D or later?

Jamie the engine

I think it's likely Diesel will be released later than Donald and Douglas. Using past years as assumptions I reckon the US won't get him (at least) until November.
A suggestion for the Thomas board. Fights seen to start easily here and it just doesn't look good on the forum, so can we please stop them occuring? Anyway when you think about, it's pretty silly because anyone involved is fighting about a model train range based on a children's show!

SodorAdventures

Sorry for going back to talking about DOTD, but it looks like salty and mavis are bad guys (and girl), just look at ttte wikia, the DOTD article photo!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Mulfred

I was watching some season 6 episodes the other day and noticed that from Season 6 his side rods are black.

I hope bachmann makes Diesel with the white side rods like the original in the TV series.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Mulfred on March 19, 2011, 04:40:35 PM
I hope bachmann makes Diesel with the white side rods like the original in the TV series.

Actually, I believe his side rods were silver (as in unpainted metal) in the TV Series.

Courtesy of TTTE Wikia.

Mulfred

Jamie the engine

I reckon Diesel will have the black side-rods since Bachmann base the newer HO characters from their recent appearance in the model series.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: SodorAdventures on March 19, 2011, 04:40:34 PM
Sorry for going back to talking about DOTD, but it looks like salty and mavis are bad guys (and girl), just look at ttte wikia, the DOTD article photo!
Some of the diesels in DOTD aren't bad. I know Paxton isn't, and I don't think Dart is either, so I'm guessing that Salty and Mavis aren't actually against the steamies, but they're just a little p-oed that their works aren't really getting any attention. But the Dieselworks confuses me because plenty of diesels go to the Steamworks.

Cirkit:)

I bet the photo SodorAdventures is referring to is the one on the cover of the DVD.. same lineup of engines was also used on the "Ultimate Diesel Guide" too. I think it's just showing off the various diesels from all ends of the good vs bad spectrum. I do not think however that Salty and Mavis (currently the only good diesels on Sodor) will be involved with the nasty diesel's tricks. But with HiT, you never know..

AS for HO Diesel, I'd like to see him with black coupling rods. Side rods. Whatever.  It is his current look one fan, and I think they make him look more oily and stealthy. I would like to see his mold remade into Arry and Bert, but I imagine it would be some time before Bachmann could properly duplicate and modify the mold...

Oh, and Diesel should be smiling. or have that neutral scowl we all love ^^

TheJJ

Well this is the Diesel Thread I see nothing wrong with talking about Day of the Diesels (DOTD). So how many Diesels are there now in this movie?
Diesel, Mavis, Arry and Bert, Diesel 10, Salty, Den, Dart, Sidney, Paxton, Norman. 11!!!
And don't forget they still don't have....
Splatter, Dodge, Daisy, Derek, BoCo, The Diesel (from Bowled Out), Rusty, Dennis, etc...
Thats alot of diesels.
But maybe HiT should introduce more diesels, cuz think about it how many steam trains do you see now adays? Not alot. Thats why they bring diesels to show a little modernization.

ThomasFan247

Apparently, Norman is Dennis' twin brother, so we can expect Dennis to eventually return. I think we can also expect Daisy, Boco, and the other diesels that were included in the Ultimate Diesel Guide. Them being mentioned shows that they aren't forgotten. ALSO, some of the diesels in the guide are included in current magazine stories (for example, the Bowled Out diesel was included in a 2010 story; Dennis and Boco were seen in a magazine story from 2008 I believe).

TheJJ

So who is your favorite new character from DOTD? For me its either Sidney or Paxton. They look cool and who doesn't love the 08s? (this question is for everyone)

Mulfred

Why do I get the feeling I'm gonna have to change the name of this thread?  :(