News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Diesel Thread

Started by Mulfred, February 24, 2011, 05:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJJ

Why change it? We are still discussing Diesels whats wrong with that? And I wouldn't mind if the side rods were Black or Silver.

Jamie the engine

It's just that the whole point of this thread was to discuss thoughts on the upcoming Bachmann HO model of Devious Diesel, not for any other diesels of that same class that aren't being made.
A suggestion for the Thomas board. Fights seen to start easily here and it just doesn't look good on the forum, so can we please stop them occuring? Anyway when you think about, it's pretty silly because anyone involved is fighting about a model train range based on a children's show!

Mulfred

Exactly I mean people wouldn't like it if I started talking about Bash and Dash on the scotish twin thread. HO Diesel talk, if its not related take it some place else.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Mulfred on March 21, 2011, 04:16:01 AM
Exactly I mean people wouldn't like it if I started talking about Bash and Dash on the scotish twin thread. HO Diesel talk, if its not related take it some place else.
BUT the thread is called Diesel Thread. If it was called HO Devious Diesel Thread, that would be totally different. All the conversation that's been going on in this thread is related to the topic. It's no big deal. If it bothers you that bad, change the name of the thread to something that permits talk of only the upcoming release of Bachmann's Devious Diesel. Otherwise, just let us talk about diesels like the title say we can.

Mulfred

Yeah Diesel thread. If i wanted to talk about any other diesel I'd have made a Day of the Diesel thread. Seriously! Just respect the thread please.

Mulfred

Quote from: Mulfred on February 24, 2011, 05:20:56 AM
Thought I'd make a thread for Diesel i'm sure everyones fav evil diesel on sodor. Any news, comments, thoughts even feelings in the run up to bachmann Diesel's release.
thats what this thread is all about.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Mulfred on March 21, 2011, 09:15:30 AM
Quote from: Mulfred on February 24, 2011, 05:20:56 AM
Thought I'd make a thread for Diesel i'm sure everyones fav evil diesel on sodor. Any news, comments, thoughts even feelings in the run up to bachmann Diesel's release.
thats what this thread is all about.
It's still no big deal that we talk about other diesels in a diesel thread. If it's such a big problem, it'll be taken care of.

Jamie the engine

If this was for other diesels, I'd think it was called the "Diesels Thread". Maybe the title will have to be changed.

Now, back to Diesel, I recieved my 2011 Bachmann catalogue and it listed its price at US$77, the same price as Donald and Douglas. I think that's rather too much, what do you think?
A suggestion for the Thomas board. Fights seen to start easily here and it just doesn't look good on the forum, so can we please stop them occuring? Anyway when you think about, it's pretty silly because anyone involved is fighting about a model train range based on a children's show!

Mulfred

It dose sound expensive but I think you'll be able to get him cheaper elsewere. I'm not to worried becuase I'm in the UK. so it I'll probbaly be able to get him for about £30 compared to the hornby price which is around £50. Bachmann rule.

J70

Quote from: Jamie the engine on March 23, 2011, 05:04:28 AMI think that's rather too much, what do you think?

When you compare the range to standard models, you do get a fair bit more in the value department. $77 isn't too bad for a RTR model.

Jack

AJWPRODUCTIONS

I was never going to get diesel 'till he was announced but I'm so going to get him when he comes out in wa and when I have money I was also never going to get stepney 'till last sunday his hornby model is so awesome I would reccomend him to anyone even if they collect bachmann stuf same go's for hornby's "the night mail" set and the bachmann terrence is awesome so same go's for him too

ClearwtaerMK2

I just went to tower hobbies & Diesel is due to be released at early june & his picture is not even finished yet.  ???

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on May 20, 2011, 06:33:18 PM
I just went to tower hobbies & Diesel is due to be released at early June & his picture is not even finished yet.  ???
It's probably untrue or it's going to be like Bill and Ben; pushed back and back forever leaving us in suspense forever

branmas

Quote from: Donald, Douglas and Stewie fan on April 03, 2011, 06:32:29 AM
I was never going to get diesel 'till he was announced but I'm so going to get him when he comes out in wa and when I have money I was also never going to get stepney 'till last sunday his hornby model is so awesome I would reccomend him to anyone even if they collect bachmann stuf same go's for hornby's "the night mail" set and the bachmann terrence is awesome so same go's for him too
same, the hornby stepheny is AWESOME! i'm also going to get a hornby toad and oliver if bachmann dont say they are releasing them next year.
Quote from: Donald, Douglas and Stewie fan on May 20, 2011, 08:23:14 PM
Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on May 20, 2011, 06:33:18 PM
I just went to tower hobbies & Diesel is due to be released at early June & his picture is not even finished yet.  ???
It's probably untrue or it's going to be like Bill and Ben; pushed back and back forever leaving us in suspense forever
i never heard about that. well thats weird.

Cirkit:)

Has anyone heard any updates about the Bachmann Diesel? Maybe has a prototype photo surfaced? I am quite excited for this model, but the tension is starting to get annoying.