News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Detail Parts

Started by gunslinger473, July 01, 2007, 05:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunslinger473

Hey evryone. Does anyone know where I can find detail parts for On30 Steam locomotivs? The area I'm modeling is the late 19th century.(1880's)
I'm looking for box headlights, wood pilots, and those "Old Fasioned" smoke stacks. Someone please help me?

kendoitall

Quote from: gunslinger473 on July 01, 2007, 05:25:05 PM
   Hey evryone. Does anyone know where I can find detail parts for On30 Steam locomotivs? The area I'm modeling is the late 19th century.(1880's)
I'm looking for box headlights, wood pilots, and those "Old Fasioned" smoke stacks. Someone please help me?

You could try checking out dealers at: http://o.webring.com/hub?ring=on30webring for what they have in stock.
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!

smokinporter

You Might try Precision Scale Co. Inc. They have a catalog about 1 inch thick with O and On parts. I have ordered parts and always had good luck.

Have fun,
Wes aka Smokinporter :) :) :)

I found  a wood pilot and box style headlight for my Shay #94 at www.bowser-trains.com Then click "o" guage, then Selly.

glennk28

If you're modeling narrow gauge, you need to get to know the Schwedler Brothers at Coronado Scale Models in Phoenix. Stan and Sheldon.  If it is available they have it. They are extremely helpful--get them on the phone and discuss your projects and they will suggest things.  They even carry Bachmann locomotives--and for those of us who insist on 3 ft gauge, will convert them.  gj

terry2foot

Glenn is right.

and Coronado do an excellent job of international mail order.

Terry2foot

Don Mason

Join 'The 7mm Narrow Gauge Association' (www.7mmnga.org.uk). They have a members-only sales department with hundreds of 'em.

on30francisco

The People at Coronado Scale Models are very knowledgeable when it comes to O scale narrow gauge. They can get you any part if it exists. They have been extremely helpful to me not only about On30 but also on questions concerning Large Scale - and they ship post paid.

Royce Wilson

Sorry guys the last post was suppose to be a photo of my backdated Bachmann mogul to 1887 Southpark.
can't seem to figure this out ,any help?      Royce Wilsonftp://

scottychaos

Quote from: Royce Wilson on July 13, 2007, 10:11:10 AM
Sorry guys the last post was suppose to be a photo of my backdated Bachmann mogul to 1887 Southpark.
can't seem to figure this out ,any help?      Royce Wilsonftp://

Royce, first your image needs to be uploaded to an image host..either your own personal webpage space, or a free image host like photoshack..
the image will have its own "address", also known as the image URL, something like this:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/scottychaos/FGLK05.jpg

it should end in .jpg or .gif if its an image address,
if it ends in .html or .htm you have the address of a webpage, not an image.

you can just post the link itself, like this:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/scottychaos/FGLK05.jpg

and people can click on it to see your photo,

or if you click the

button above, that will inset the image tags into your message, like this:

then paste the URL of your photo inbetween those tags, like this:

and the result should be this:

Scot

scottychaos

p.s.

you should also make your image 500 pixels wide or smaller..
if its wider than 500 pixels, this forum will squish it and make it look bad..

im going to test it..
photo at 800 pixels wide, forum automatically compresses it to 500 pixels wide:

same photo, but REsized to 500 pixels wide *before* it is uploaded:

Scot

kendoitall

Scot,

Much thanks with the help. I too was wondering how to do that.

Ken
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!