News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3 truck shay,factory sound 82697

Started by petertoot, July 18, 2011, 04:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petertoot

hi there,will the sound in this loco work on track that is dc,as i run a te,to control track power,none of my locos are dcc,just track,thanks peter

Mike M

Pete it will work but you will only get the chuff You can not work whistle or bell and you can not adjust the vloume
Mike

Wade Colyer

tac

I have a QSI 'Quantum Engineer' analog device that operates all the sounds and effects by DC, rather than DCC, on my locos so fitted, from H0 right up to my Aristo Dash 9s.

It simply hooks up between the power source and the track, and is an economical way of operating DCC-equipped models with most of the effects.

Dunno if it might work for the Bachmann version of DCC, which, I'm told, us somewhat different, but it works on fourteen of my locos.

tac
www.ovgrs.org   

petertoot

HI,thanks for the replys,maybe if i used batterys,and the right decoder,then i need a control for that,or go to the newer,dare i say aristo te,all a bit confusing,as i have a lot of locos,12,approx,any ideas are welcome,again,thanks,pete

Loco Bill Canelos

Pete,
There are many nice control systems, and Kevin Strong did a great series on them in Garden Railways magazine awhile back.  maybe he will chime in and mention which issues.

Since you mentioned TE, I use the latest TE 2.4 Gig Revolution I too have 12 locos.   I bought two transmitters which came with receivers, Then I bought two six packs of receivers.   The six packs work out to about $65 per loco.  With two transmitters I felt that if one were to be dropped or broken I would have a spare.  I love the visual interface and the individual control of bell whistle, coupler clank and so on.  I very much like the multiple unit capability and ease of programming.  It has great range as well.   Even tho it was expensive,I am glad I put a receiver in each loco, because I do not like having it in a battery car trailing behind the loco all the time.   You can save a lot of money using a battery car or two battery cars, and just attach whatever loco you want to run.  There are so many ways to do things in this hobby, it can be hard to choose.  Maybe other will mention their control systems, if not check out Kevins articles!!   Since I do not have any Bachmann Locos with factory sound, I cannot say how the Aristo Revolution works with them. I use other brands of sound with no problems.

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Sleeping Bear

While I am still in the collecting up stuff stage, I have been looking into control systems and have taken a liking to QSI Quantum Aristo for my PnP locos and the Quantum Magnum for my non PnP units. I also plan for on board batteries so each loco can run solo if needed. The QSI G wire control unit can be programed for single as well as multi unit consits and even though the instructions can seem a little confusing at first glimpse, I have hunted around and found straight forward explanations. If you read the instructions carefully, slowly, and two or three times as I had to.. its not that difficult to program any of this. Wiring a non PnP unit is going to be easy as well since I got out of my own way.  As Bill said, there are many systems out there, do some searching and reading and pick the one that's right for you. There is no wrong answer that way and only you can pick whats right for you.    Later all......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

petertoot

hi guys,many thanks for the infi,by the way,i was not putting down aristo produts,as i have 2 te,but i know bachmann is not as sensitve to a remark about another maker,unlike the other maker,enough said,i have locos,etc from all makers all are good value,but bmanns locos have more detail,spectrum is xcellent,i will do some research,again thanks,ps,any one have a heisler for sale,the only one i havent got yet,cheers from ozzie ;D ;D ;D