News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012: Your Predictions

Started by therailwayinspector, August 06, 2011, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

I have no doubt that Duck is coming to Bachmann next year. I don't think anyone else should worry either.

For rolling stock, I'm putting my money on the Breakdown Train, a new van, 4 plank wagon (Edward Strikes Out) and or the red coaches.

For buildings, I'm betting on the Signal Gantry (Bluffs Cove Junction).

TheJJ

Sparks I hope your right.
I'd love to see Duck, Oliver, and Toad.
However Duck would be fine.
I also wouldn't mind seeing Rosie and Duck.
And sorry therailwayinspector I would love to see these engines come out over the course of the next few years.
1. Duck
2. Oliver
3. Rosie
4. Stepney
5. Arry and Bert
(others) Stanley, BoCo, Daisy, Harvey, Hank, and Hiro
But like I said for 2012...DUCK!..posibly Oliver or Rosie

ThomasFan247

For 2012, I'd love to see...

HO SCALE

-Duck: As Sparks said, Duck is a shoe-in for next year. Being he'll fill the number gap and he's in very high demand, he's most likely to be announced.
-'Arry and Bert: Being Diesel will be released this year, a simple repaint and new faces will do :)

-Rocky: He's been making appearances quite often, so I imagine him being released. Yes, he may consist of several flatbeds, but the breakdown train isn't even seen anymore, so I would only imagine Rocky would be released over the breakdown train.
-Red Coaches: They've been in every season since season 2, AND Bachmann only has six pieces of passenger rolling stock.
-Plant Vans: They've been seen in season 3 and the new CGI series. (They're the same bogey cars used in Henry's Forest. Trackmaster calls them Plant Vans, so I'm guessing those are the names for these cars.)

-Maithwaite Station: Seen since season 5, and a very popular station in the CGI series.
-Lady Hatt: Common in the newer series, along with Dowager Hatt.
-Trevor: He's a very popular character, and he's not available from too many companies anymore. There aren't any HO scale or close to HO scale models of him made.
-Butch: Just a possibility, as he was given a real role in season 15.

LARGE SCALE

-Emily: Her coaches are released, so it would be foolish not to make her.
-Toby: Makes sense. He's small, and could easily maneuver the tight curves Bachmann produces.
-Edward: Same as Toby.

-Henrietta: If Toby is announced, he deserves his coach.
-Ventilated Van: There aren't any vans, so we might as well have one!
-Brake Van: We need something to end the train :P
-Cattle Van: Just have a feeling :)

This is kind of much for one year, but I just feel these have a chance to be released in the near future :)

CFRailway

For Large scale I see that everyone is saying the next engine will be Emily. It would make sense as they have made the coaches but as I am a G scaler here in the UK, reading Garden Railroad magazine. It says Bachmann have brought out the Emily coaches to got with there new L&B LYN loco. They wanted some British stock to run with there loco and they realised these coaches, British freelance, under the Thomas range doubling up for two purposes, Who would blame them? I think if bachmann haven't planned to make Emily in Large scale it is a) stupid and b) by bringing out these coaches forcing them to do the loco anyway.
How every I disagree that she will be the next loco to join Thomas, Percy and James as I have been speaking to my dealer PLUS the UK rep and they have both told me that the next engine in the Large scale Thomas range will be Henry.

Box vans and brake vans are something that are needed and I hope that they are in the pipe work. Some larger 2 axle stock would be nice to see providing it is as reliable as the current stock.

Something I would like to see is Toby, I know some many people that would buy 2, One for the grandchildren and one for them to kit bash. There is defo a market there for them!
Watch this space..............
Anything is possible....

Cheeky_ULP

They might be getting Henry and Emily confused because they're both big green engines.

BillingsRR

I see how you could confuse Henry and Emily, but the major difference is one is a male and the other is female. If Henry is on the way, I cannot wait to see what he looks like. I'll take classic any day over some of the rubbish we see now :P

shining time

My Prediction
HO:
Engines
Duck
Oliver
Toad

Rolling Stock
Red Branchline Coaches
China Clay Wagons (uncovered)

Mis.
Random Freight Car Loads (like the coal wagon w/t load)

Large Scale

Toby
Emily
Edward
Henrietta
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

TheJJ

Toad is Rolling Stock...not to criticize..

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

For HO here is my predictions...
ENGINES:
1)Duck for sure
2)Oliver
3)Stepney
4)possibly Flying Scotsman if his model for the TV series been finished (All Bachmann would have to do is repaint Gordon to LNER Apple Green with alternating White-Black-White stripes like the original engine then make new tenders using the chassis for Spencer's Tender.)
5)The City of Truro

COACHES:
1)The Red Branchline Coaches
2)The Old Branchline Coaches (the Green and Off White coaches seen only in Season 1)
3)The Tan Branchline Coaches (the ones that looked like Annie and Clarabel but without faces. All that is needed is to modify the Annie/Clarabel roofs to work with the body from Emily's Coach then attached to the chassis for Annie/Clarabel)
4)Season 1 Style Express Coaches

OTHER ROLLING STOCK:
1)the Breakdown Train
2)Brown CCT vans (Identical to the Mail Van)
3)Brown 12 Ton Vans.

I know I have listed repeats, but, I have added a few that may have been left out.

Cupix the Azelf

I'd like to see them create any of the following: The Diesel/Class 40, D199/Spamcan, Neville, Den, Dart, Paxton, Sidney, Derek, Duck, Rosie BoCo, and maybe Wilbert the Forest Engine.

I think it would be great bringing some Railway Series only engines into the Bachmann stock. That would be wonderful! ;D
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Mark Oles

If Henry is made in large scale (and hey, Bachmann has been making a 4-6-0 in large scale since what? 1988?), that would be interesting.  Looking at the HO scale version,  I can see how they'd make it work with the 4' diameter curves.  It'll be tight, but I think they could make it happen.   

Toby would make a good addition, too.

Cupix the Azelf

Train Set Ideas

The Quarry Twins Engines Set
Bill, Ben, 6 trucks and 1 or 2 brakevans with an oval track set.

The Scottish Twin Engines Set
Donald, Douglas, a random ammount of trucks, vans and tankers with 1 or 2 brakevans with larger oval set.

These are highly unlikely to be made because the engines themselves would cost a lot, but why not have release sales like for example: Have them 10%-20% off for the first week? ???
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

J70

Quote from: Mark Oles on August 17, 2011, 10:26:54 AM
If Henry is made in large scale (and hey, Bachmann has been making a 4-6-0 in large scale since what? 1988?), that would be interesting.  Looking at the HO scale version,  I can see how they'd make it work with the 4' diameter curves.  It'll be tight, but I think they could make it happen.   

Toby would make a good addition, too.

I'm sure Henry could be done by perhaps having a driving wheel flangeless. Yes it would be tight, but it's not impossible.

Toby would be a great addition, although i'd like to see if he could be converted to the more prototypical G64 standards like the rest of the large scale rolling stock. It would convince me to get one in any case, simply for the fact it's a tram engine and unlike T/P/J, can be modified to look somewhat prototypical.

Jack

BillingsRR

Toby would be a very cool model, along with Henry and Gordon.