News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012: Your Predictions

Started by therailwayinspector, August 06, 2011, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivo Hugh

Quote from: thomasj219 on January 31, 2012, 11:15:04 PM
First two very possible but Daisy or BoCo very unlikely due to the very small list of appearances and though there may be demand I feel it will not be enough.

You never know. We did not expect Donald and Douglas, and despite appearing a little more often than the other characters I mentioned, nobody expected them at all. So if Bachmann can pull Donald and Douglas out of their pockets, then I'm sure BoCo or Daisy are just as likely.
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

fighter4luv

Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on February 01, 2012, 02:27:46 AM
First two very possible but Daisy or BoCo very unlikely due to the very small list of appearances and though there may be demand I feel it will not be enough.

You never know. We did not expect Donald and Douglas, and despite appearing a little more often than the other characters I mentioned, nobody expected them at all. So if Bachmann can pull Donald and Douglas out of their pockets, then I'm sure BoCo or Daisy are just as likely.
It would be pretty cool. I'd just love to see them finish off characters from season 1-3 :)

ClearwtaerMK2

Quote from: RW James on January 31, 2012, 05:51:12 PM
Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on January 31, 2012, 04:47:50 PM
Stop bringing up the skarloey engines!
sorry - I didn't know you were in charge  ???
Believe you me! If I was in charge,Let alone an employee of Bachmann,I'd tell you bachmann would never make any skarloey engines at all.

Narrowgauge111

Now now, lets all get along, I didn't know my post would start so much chaos. :-[

thomasj219

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on February 01, 2012, 03:12:06 PM
sorry - I didn't know you were in charge  ???
Believe you me! If I was in charge,Let alone an employee of Bachmann,I'd tell you bachmann would never make any skarloey engines at all.
Well you aren't and besides you do not know with complete certainty that they wouldn't so you are coming off very pompously. Just relax.

Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on February 01, 2012, 02:27:46 AM

Donald & Douglas and Boco and Daisy are completely different cases and in no way does the twins being announced increase at all the very slim chances that BoCo and Daisy have of ever being announced.

Here are Donald and Douglas' appearances throughout the series including cameos.

Television series.

Donald & Douglas

Season 2 - Breakvan, The Deputation, Thomas Comes to Breakfast, and Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree

Season 3 - Gordon and the Famous Visitor, Donald's Duck, Henry's Forest, Escape, Oliver Owns Up, Tender Engines, and Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure

Season 4 - Four Little Engines , Rusty to the Rescue , Thomas and Stepney , Train Stops Play, Bowled Out, Toad Stands By , and Thomas and the Special Letter

Season 5 - Horrid Lorry and Make Someone Happy

Season 6 - Twin Trouble, Harvey to the Rescue, A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter, Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry , Percy and the Haunted Mine, James and the Red Balloon, and Thomas the Jet Engine

Season 7 - Percy Gets it Right , Edward's Brass Band, Bad Day at Castle Loch, Salty's Stormy Tale , Peace and Quiet , Harold and the Flying Horse , and Gordon and Spencer

Season 8 - Edward the Great (deleted scene) and You Can Do it, Toby! (mentioned)

Season 11 - Gordon and the Engineer

Season 12 - Saved You!

They have appeared in every model season since their introduction except for (Ironically) 9 & 10.

Now here are BoCo & Daisy's appearances including cameos.

BoCo

Season 2 - The Diseasel, Wrong Road, Edward's Exploit, and Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree

Season 3 - Buzz, Buzz, One Good Turn, Escape, and Bulgy

Season 4 - Rusty to the Rescue and Thomas and the Special Letter

Season 5 - Double Teething Troubles and Stepney Gets Lost

Daisy

Season 2 - Thomas Comes to Breakfast (mentioned; unnamed), Daisy and Percy's Predicament

Season 4 - Rusty to the Rescue and Bull's Eyes

Calling All Engines! (does not speak)

Boco has not appeared with a speaking role since Season 5 and Daisy since Season 4, she does not speak in Calling All Engines. Donald and Douglas also have the added bonus of completing number 1-10 (minus 8 ) they are also much more marketable as they are reasonably well known. Boco and Daisy are no where near as known as they are.

So to conclude, as much as I would LOVE if Boco and Daisy were made, it is not likely at all, I hope I have presented clear reasons why just because the twins were announced doesn't mean these two have a chance. Now Duck on the other hand, if BACHMANN thinks logically, should have a great chance this year.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

I think everyone needs to settle down with this situation in hand.  This is a prediction thread for 2012, not a wishlist thread. ;)

It's fair to assume what's coming out this year, and I have a good feeling that we will be satisfied this year as we have no product delays in the way.  In fact, this could be why we only got just Diesel and the windmill as new additions for HO last year.  We could be in for a nice surprise, but I think the irrational expectations should be put to rest for what to expect.  

As I said earlier, I have a feeling we will most likely get Duck, Arry, and Bert.  I'll be surprised if any of them would be absent in the Toy Fair announcements.  If we get anyone else, I have a feeling it will be an iconic character to the show such as Rosie or Stanley.  I think Oliver would also be a logical choice to go along with Duck or the following a year but I'm finding him debatable at the moment.  I won't however disagree that he'd be a great addition all the same.  

Characters like the narrow gauge engines, BoCo, Daisy, and even the likes of Den and Dart are all great and interesting ideas if not for one thing... they just won't happen.  Den and Dart were just introduced in Day of the Diesels and are nowhere near iconic, at least not right now.  BoCo, Daisy, and the narrow gauge engines are pretty self-explanatory as everyone else on this board can easily cover.  

I myself am more worried about rolling stock.  We had gotten only Troublesome Truck #3 two years ago (which turned out disappointing) and no new rolling stock this year, apart from CGI updates.  I really think it's time we got some new decent rolling stock, the red coaches in particular.  

I'm pretty excited for the Toy Fair overall, can't believe we will finally see the announcements in less then two weeks!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

I agree completely, product delays I feel are the reason the range is not much larger already with them out of the way I see a very successful year ahead. Your predictions I have a feeling will come true Duck, Arry, & Bert, and I also agree we need more rolling stock. The red coaches are a must, I also suggest another brake van, china clay trucks, and maybe some generic no brand tankers like those in Season 2.

We will have to wait and see, I'll post another list closer to the announcements.

Ivo Hugh

Well, as everyone else has been saying, we might be pleasantly surprised with this year's announcements. And don't forget, it is the tenth anniversary of the Thomas & Friends Bachmann Range.
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

thomasj219

Very true I hope BACHMANN celebrates a bit we shall see. I have a feeling we will be surprised but not that surprised. ;)

Cupix the Azelf

Look who it is? Mr. Narrow Gauge Engine-Doubter... :(

Listen here, you got to stop making people believe in Bachmann not making the Skarloey Railway range. It could happen or it could not. The choices by Bachmann and/or HiT are 50/50 so there are chances they'll do them or not. But I do like them doing the standard gauge engines anyway. :P
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

ClearwtaerMK2

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on February 03, 2012, 02:33:40 AM
sorry - I didn't know you were in charge  ???

Listen here, you got to stop making people believe in Bachmann not making the Skarloey Railway range. It could happen or it could not. The choices by Bachmann and/or HiT are 50/50 so there are chances they'll do them or not. But I do like them doing the standard gauge engines anyway. :P
The reason why bachmann would never make any narrow gauge engines is because:
1.They are smaller than standard gauge engines.
2.Bachmann would have to make this entire range for N scale in order to have them share the same size.
3.The skarloey engines are better off made as toys so you can make your own in 009 scale.

So there!! >:(

RW James

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on February 03, 2012, 04:45:42 PM
So? What does that matter?
2.Bachmann would have to make this entire range for N scale in order to have them share the same size.
Bachmann does already have a very successful N scale range. The mechanisms are there. Additionally, Bachmann owns the Graham-Farish range of British N scale models. So your point is lost there.
3.The skarloey engines are better off made as toys so you can make your own in 009 scale.
True - but they are toys and lack the scale aspect of a good model. About the only thing the toys are good for is providing the face.

I am making a model of Duncan, using the face from the wooden toy and the chassis from a Bachmann N scale 0-4-0. It's a fun project, but not everyone is up for this level of model work. A ready-to-run model would not be that big of a deal for Bachmann and would be appreciated I'm sure.
Rick

Ivo Hugh

Quote from: RW James on February 03, 2012, 05:11:50 PM
So? What does that matter?
Bachmann does already have a very successful N scale range. The mechanisms are there. Additionally, Bachmann owns the Graham-Farish range of British N scale models. So your point is lost there.
True - but they are toys and lack the scale aspect of a good model. About the only thing the toys are good for is providing the face.

I am making a model of Duncan, using the face from the wooden toy and the chassis from a Bachmann N scale 0-4-0. It's a fun project, but not everyone is up for this level of model work. A ready-to-run model would not be that big of a deal for Bachmann and would be appreciated I'm sure.

I agree with you, sir. Even if it is a very slim chance, we might see the Narrow Gauge engines pop up. And there is another thing, not only is it the Tenth Anniversary of HO Thomas & Friends, but it is also the year of Season 16, the return of the Skarloey Railway to Thomas & Friends, so that might stack the odds up a little more.

thomasj219

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on February 03, 2012, 02:33:40 AM

So there!! >:(

You sound extremely immature, if there is money in it someday BACHMANN may do it. If they do I have no doubt they would be a successful range. The large scale range is 275 an engine and 75 for each item of rolling stock, some though it would fail because of the price but it is a very successful range despite the cost. Introducing an N Scale range would yield most likely better results as they are cheaper and smaller, so people will smaller houses could still have a Thomas setup, because in addition to the Narrow Gauge engine without a doubt they would also introduce a N Scale Thomas, Percy, etc.

Your argument has no logic, it is unlikely this year I will say that, but I will also say that BACHMANN has stated that they want to introduce Thomas in every scale, so there may soon come a day we see the narrow gauge engines.

ThomasFan247

Would Bachmann be able to produce the Skarloey engines if they don't have the license to produce N-Scale Thomas and Friends products? Technically the range would be HOn3/009, but I'm just curious. That kind of has me a bit puzzled.