News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tender Trucks 2-8-0 vs K27

Started by zippo6, August 09, 2011, 02:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippo6

My 2-8-0 tender trucks it the dust.  I know of problems, no need to rehash, and these already had the fix first identified by Dave Goodson when the Connie appeared.

Question 1: Are the Connie tender trucks from the parts site identical to the original trucks or has the problem been corrected?

Question 2:  Can I put K27 trucks on the Connie tender?  Are the bolster holes same diameter?

Question 3:  If I can use K27 trucks, how can I order the metal trucks and not the plastic trucks. 

Thanks in advance for any info.  Ted

StanAmes

The plastic K27 trucks have some improvements over the 2-8-0 trucks and seem to only be different in that they are missing the two spacers on either side.  These parts can be removed from the 2-8-0 trucks and inserted on the K27 trucks. I have done that with several 2-8-0 tenders.

The metel K27 trucks are vastly superior.  Alas when I ordered the K27 trucks some time back I got the plastic ones.  You would have to call to determine if they now have the metal ones.

The only problem of using K27 metal tender trucks on a 2-8-0 tender would be to figure out a way to instal the spacers.  Without them the trucks rock a great deal.

Hope that helps.

Stan

zippo6

Stan, thank you for the info that I needed.

You mentioned the spacers and some you had done to Connie tender.  Any suggestions (hopefully your memory is better than mine)  Thank you Ted