News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Bachmann 4-6-0 Annie

Started by Mark Oles, September 16, 2011, 09:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Oles

Dear Bachmann,
Have the new, updgraded Annies been released?  When do you expect them to be available?

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
As far as i know, all new items should arrive by November.
I'll see what I can find out.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Mark Oles

Thanks!  The upgrades announced should make this a bargain for large scale steam locomotives. 

scottychaos

Bucksco

Metal drive gears and a new die-cast lead truck.

Old John

Yardmaster,

Will the Parts Department be carrying the new metal gear and driver axle assembly as an available part in the near future?

Bucksco

Parts will most likely appear during future production runs.

Ted Yarbrough

Yardmaster,
Any ideas on why no photo available of the Bumble-Bee? New details or road number maybe? Catalog list old number but yet states no photo available. I found that kind of odd. Sure would love to see a blackw/ silver smokebox Annie with the Flying Grande herald! How about green D&RGW passenge cars in the Big Hauler line?
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Bucksco

Photos will appear when a production sample is available.

casey

Ola,
      What is this ? yet another rendition of the 4-6-0? I think this must be version no5 is it not? each so far being better than the one before.
I think I have one of each LOL even the 1st one the R/C version of mine is still in operation with the original drive mech ( a different R/C package though) bring it on!
Casey.

Mark Oles

Sleeping Bear

Casey... Loco Bill is calling this new variation Gen. 6,   The differences are metal drive gears and a new die-cast lead truck..per Yardmaster......later all.....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

Loco Bill Canelos

We definitely need to call it version 6, aside from the new front truck, I will publish the external identifying features as soon as we get the production models in out hands and can check them out. 

I can't wait to see how they run and look!   

Cheers, Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Mark Oles

I figured it would be a different version designation since the gears are metal and the lead truck is mounted differently. 

I think it's going to be tricky to identify these without turning them over. 

This locomotive has the appearances of being one of the best sleeper deals in large scale.

scottychaos

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on November 15, 2011, 12:58:04 PM
We definitely need to call it version 6, aside from the new front truck, I will publish the external identifying features as soon as we get the production models in out hands and can check them out. 

I can't wait to see how they run and look!   

Cheers, Bill

Generation 7 actually:

http://www.girr.org/girr/tips/tips1/big_hauler_tips.html

Generation 1 - first Big Hauler 4-6-0, battery powered.

Generation 2 - "The early track powered version (2nd generation) uses the same gearing as the first generation but it has a larger motor." (quotes from George Schreyer site)

Generation 3 - "The 3rd generation version uses a brass worm on the motor and plastic reduction gears. "

Generation 4 - "This one uses a worm on the motor and a single gear on the axle."

Generation 5 - "This version appeared sometime during 2000. This one has an intermediate reduction gear and a more substantial metal gearbox assembly. The axle gear is narrower and offset from the center. The bump in the lower cover is also offset from the center." This version still has plastic side rods and plastic valve gear.

Generation 6 - the "annie" - 10th anniversary version. has metal siderods and valve gear, new improved "steel" cab" and an upgraded 7-pole motor, (different motor than Gen 5)

Generation 7 - The newest version, the topic of this thread.

Some people have tried to imply that both the "Gen 5" and the "Annie" should be considered the same..both should be called "Gen 5"..but with so many differences between the Gen 5 and the Annie, (Annie has metal rods, improved details, and a different motor) I don't see any way anyone can logically argue that the annie should also be "Gen 5"..it is SO different from Gen 5, that clearly the Annie is worthy of being Gen 6, and most people consider it Gen 6, and have for 10 years.

Scot