News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Glue for building kits

Started by czechwizard, September 23, 2011, 01:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabloodhound

Since you're in Nicaragua, take a look in the local hardware or paint store for MEK, as richg suggested.   This is the same basic composition as the Tenex, etc.   It usually comes in pint cans and larger.   Pour a little in a small glass (NOT plastic!) bottle and with the small paintbrush, apply to the seam where the to parts are held together.   The MEK will wick into the joint and weld the pieces together.
Do not leave the can open as this stuff will evaporate and put the cap back on the small bottle.   Only use a little at a time.   Too much will destroy the joint and you'll have too many fumes, which are not good to breathe.   MEK should be available in your area, just keep looking in the stores.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

czechwizard

I just bought Lanco Transparent Super PVC cement ! God bless ? Is this the last glue I've purchased to start building the kits, lol, and no lol ?

PhilipCal

Have to agree with the crew. A good plastic cement is what you need. You can obtain it from the same source you got the Walther's kits from.

czechwizard

Quote from: PhilipCal on September 30, 2011, 05:13:20 PM
Have to agree with the crew. A good plastic cement is what you need. You can obtain it from the same source you got the Walther's kits from.

So this Lanco Transparent Super PVC cement does NOT qualify ? !

Jerrys HO

czech

All the money you spent on oddball glues you could have ordered the correct glue and come out cheaper. I speak for myself but modeling cements were intended for modeling and everything else has it's own purpose. To me PVC glue was intended for plumbing. I have used it for that before but not for modeling. Like the saying goes try it you might like it.( or have to restart from scratch)

Jerry

Doneldon

cz wiz-

If it works, use it. If it doesn't don't. You're the best judge of what you need.

-- D