News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

remote control systems of new england

Started by mf5117, December 13, 2011, 01:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf5117

Has anybody here used this company or know Don Sweet that does the installs .I'm looking at putting Remote control and battery power in my F-3 diesel . And will have to ship my Locomotive up to I believe New Hampshire from Houston . I looked at their website and prices . http://www.remotecontrolthrottles.com/About_Us/about_us.shtml

I saw an NW-2 Installation in one of the pictures on the installation page . I also have an NW-2 and can't decide on which engine to convert . Due to weight and size ,and the F-3 having Phoenix sound PB-11 board installed already . worried about it possibly getting smoked due to running battery power . Any info will help

JerryB

Don Sweet at (RCS of NE) is an excellent installer, with a stellar reputation.

He will also answer all your questions prior to ordering to help you decide on what will fulfill your needs. All around great guy & products.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

StanAmes

I concur  Don has an excellent reputation.  And a nice person as well.

Stan

Mike M

Give Don a cal he is great to deal with also do not worry about your sound battery power will not effect it
Mike

Jon D. Miller

I have RCS systems in a K-27, 2-6-6-2T, and Forney.  All Bachmann 1:20.3 scale. Plus I've installed the RCS systems in several Shays.

Don is a great guy to deal with.  As mentioned, contact Don and he'll be happy to discuss any questions you may have.  His installations are first rate. 

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

mf5117

Thanks for the replies .As I have found a couple of techs here in Houston ,they do mostly sound installations and decoder's .And the one guy who did the sound on my F-3 did a nice clean installation ,he said he has done a few remote and battery installations but I didn't feel to confident . he didn't really give me to many other options . And kept insisting on a trail car with the battery's in the trail car and if I can get away with out doing that .I would prefer them installed in the loco itself . That's why I was impressed with Mr Sweets install on the NW-2 . I just want to operate for a couple of hours pull a 7 to 8 car string . And not have to bring out the power all the time .  I will give him a call this week .

Thanks again regards mark f

the Bach-man

There's no better person than Don Sweet!
He has done several locos for me, and I couldn't be happier!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

mf5117

Got a very informative Email from Mr Sweet on the RCS systems and talked with him about installing R/C and battery power in my F-3 A unit with the PB-11 sound board .says everything will be installed inside the Locomotive itself . And advised me of thinking about a battery car for longer run time . So after the holidays will consider doing the install . He had said that the sound board will actually operate better on battery power opposed to track power . And would do away with the rechargeable battery that the sound board come with . He had also said, that I could have a battery by-pass that would also allow me to run track power if I wanted for indoor use as well as outdoor if needed .And when I was ready to give him a call so I could ship my Loco up to them . my goal is no track power on the outdoor layout .

One question didn't Bachmann make a Big Hauler Steam engine that was R/C at one time . And is it available .

smcgill

Quote from: mf5117 on December 21, 2011, 10:53:24 AM
One question didn't Bachmann make a Big Hauler Steam engine that was R/C at one time . And is it available .
I have one of these.   ;D See this post.  ::)
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,17749.msg142956.html#msg142956
Sean

Loco Bill Canelos

Yes they did it in two frequencies 27 and 49 MHz. This allows running two trains on the same track. The number on the side of the cab indicates the frequency.  They seem to show up on ebay all the time.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Don Sweet

Hi Guys, thank you for your kind words. My friend Turk told me about these postings. As you know I keep  a low profile and appreciate the testimonials.

Mark I came down with the Flu over Christmas and now back to work. If you still need info please contact me.

Happy New Year!!

Don