News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco 2-6-0 decoder photo

Started by richg, January 08, 2012, 10:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

I found this at the Trains.com, Model Railroader DCC forum.
You can see four large diodes on the left, a small glass type diode, two metal electrolytic caps just to the right. Various caps, resistors, IC's.
A speaker below the PC board and way over to the right upper, looks like a small PC board. I could not tell for sure if separate or part of the large board.
The black devices are for wire connections.

Rich

Jerrys HO

richg
The PC board upper right looks to be the led. I would have to assume there is a tube going up to the rear light.
Jerry

richg

I would have to agree that it is a SMD LED and a light pipe funnels light up to the tender light. I just looked at the photo of the tender and see  small light above the same spot.
I would love to get the loco but my buying train  days are over for me. Still interesting watching how the DCC era is evolving.

Rich

Patrick Durand

Correct, the small board is a surface mount bright LED.   One screw holds it in place.  It has about 1 inch long red and black wire leads to the main board that allow it to be moved around as needed for kit bashing if you relocate the headlight.

If you are careful the rear headlight can be removed without damaging the light tube.

Pat Durand