News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Power connector

Started by poppyz, January 09, 2012, 09:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppyz

Does anyone have a part number for the Red Universal power connector that comes with the Digital Command sets. I cannot find any reference on Bachmann site.

Len

It's listed under the 'Parts' section of the B'mann web site.

PN: BAC00002
Short Red Power Cable, $4.00 + S&H (Limit 3/order)

If the plug end of a cable you already have is damaged, you can replace the plug with a stereo mini-plug of the same size from Radio Shack. The wires connect to the 'Ring' and 'Sleeve' terminals, the 'Tip' connection is not used.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

poppyz

I appreciate your reply,but,the BAC00002 is not the correct one. this does come with the DCC sets,however, the sets come with an additional Power connector wire that has "U" shaped terminals that hook up to screw type transformer terminals instead of the phono style plug. The BAC00003 has the wire I am looking for and cannot find part # for it. If anyone knows the part# for it,please supply.   

Len

Ok, that's the cable that comes with the HO & N terminal tracks. I haven't seen it listed seperately as a part for some time. I suspect the simplest way to get one will be to by an HO or N terminal track that comes with it.

Either that, or purchase the red extension cable, clip the male end off, seperate the wires, strip the ends, and put them under the terminal screws of the power source.

Len

poppyz

I guess that is what I'll have to do.Just figured that if Bachmann is supplying it with other items that it would have a part # and could be purchased separately.
        Thank you for your efforts to help me.

Len

Another option would be to use Atlas Code 100 Terminal Joiners. Basically a rail joiner with a wire already attached to it. You just replace the standard rail joiner with the terminal joiner. Sliding the rail partially out of the roadbed, so the joiner isn't trapped between the rail and roadbed, makes removing the original joiner a bit easier.

Len