STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 05, 2020, 04:03:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Thomas and friends: ReBorn!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Thomas and friends: ReBorn!  (Read 71950 times)
Shawn

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »

I am starting a series, a year and a half from now, called Thomas and Friends: ReBorn!  It is taking Thomas back to its roots, but with new age characters thrown in,  and I want it to be a team effort. so I need:

- script writers are all taken
-The least number of voice actors possible. I will explain that later

The characters that will speak in series 1 are:

Thomas
Henry
Gordon
James
Percy
Spencer
Donald and Douglas
Diesel
Dart
Murdoch
Mavis
Sir Topham Hatt

I need the least amount of actors to keep it simple.  please audition for more than one character

then for one episode:
Skarloey-grrrr! I am doing him!
Rheneas
Peter Sam
Sir Handel
Rusty

I would like these characters to sound more or less like their CGI counterparts.

I hope this sounds good.  It will be a long time in the pipeline.

Important bits.

If you want to be a script writer,  send me a sample within the next week, so I can decide.

Voice actors I don't need as quickly.

I know this was very vauge, so if you have any questions, ask below!

PM script samples to me on this forum.

have fun!

SPT
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:16:20 PM by hornbyfan » Logged
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:41:58 PM »

Can you explain why you need limited voice actors? And why a year and a half from now?
Calebtrain

Hello!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »

I will try for script writer. If you give me about a two weeks per script. I have to write for my own series! Can I send you a sample of the script for the first upcoming episode of my series as an example of what kind of writing I do? Edward doesn't speak?  Undecided He's my favorite character!
Can you explain why you need limited voice actors? And why a year and a half from now?
He said it was to keep it simple. And probably a year and a half to prepare for the start. Maybe finish a layout/set, collect some more engines, coaches, and freight cars. That's my guess.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:24:18 PM by Calebtrain » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. Smiley
Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:27:10 PM »

Sure Caleb,  are you able to write for narrow gauge engines?  The reason I needed the scripts so soon is so I know what to buy.
I will try for script writer. If you give me about a two weeks per script. I have to write for my own series! Can I send you a sample of the script for the first upcoming episode of my series as an example of what kind of writing I do? Edward doesn't speak?  Undecided He's my favorite character!
He said it was to keep it simple. And probably a year and a half to prepare for the start. Maybe finish a layout/set, collect some more engines, coaches, and freight cars. That's my guess.

You are on the ball!  Maybe I could get Edward to speak.   Just cos he is your fav!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:30:37 PM by hornbyfan » Logged
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:34:18 PM »

i might be able to write a script and/or supply voices. does it matter if they're UK voices? i find them easier to do. i might be able supply the voices for Percy, Henry, Skarloey, Rheneas, Peter Sam, Dart, and if you want i can also do Toby and Edward.
Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »

i might be able to write a script and/or supply voices. does it matter if they're UK voices? i find them easier to do. i might be able supply the voices for Percy, Henry, Skarloey, Rheneas, Peter Sam, Dart, and if you want i can also do Toby and Edward.

That is JUST what I wanted to read!  That would be awesome!  I like the UK voices better!  Send me samples of script and voices and I can make a choice.  Good Luck!
Calebtrain

Hello!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »

Sure Caleb,  are you able to write for narrow gauge engines?  The reason I needed the scripts so soon is so I know what to buy.
I will try for script writer. If you give me about a two weeks per script. I have to write for my own series! Can I send you a sample of the script for the first upcoming episode of my series as an example of what kind of writing I do? Edward doesn't speak?  Undecided He's my favorite character!

You are on the ball!  Maybe I could get Edward to speak.   Just cos he is your fav!
Great! Yes, I am able to write for NG engines. But I will send you the script for my upcoming episode just because I've already written it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:27:01 PM by Calebtrain » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. Smiley
panniertankboy8751

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »

Sounds like an awesome idea you have there. Would it  matter if the voices had a "fake but not horrible" accent?

Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »

Sounds like an awesome idea you have there. Would it  matter if the voices had a "fake but not horrible" accent?

Sure! What characters would you voice?
panniertankboy8751

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »

I probably could do James and Gordon, but it really depends. My schedule does't really leave me anytime to do much, but I could defiantly fit this in.

Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »

I probably could do James and Gordon, but it really depends. My schedule does't really leave me anytime to do much, but I could defiantly fit this in.

Awesome!  Keep in touch Wink
Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »

Sorry for double posting (I don't see what's wrong with it tho) but here's a video I made, and if you watch, you are duty bound to leave a comment or feedback!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQc_MYa8pAE
and warning! there is a loud whistle at the end!  I know this is not as good as Christian's but I hope you like it!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:51:48 PM by hornbyfan » Logged
jettrainfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

After a few cans of barqs root beer an hour of pink Floyd and some internet searching on British train life. I can give ya some good written Ideas easy. don't even need the root beer even though it gives me a boost...

(Plain and simple answer: I can write really creative stuff about the railroad world.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:37:03 PM by jettrainfan » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account
Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »

Sounds great!  Caleb will write three, probably (cos he is my favourate Roll Eyes)
But send me a sample script on this forum. Good luck!
jettrainfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »

No problem, i need something to do while i face the road blocks of my series (gots half his lines in so far). So do you want in a private message or public?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: