News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

re bachmann service turn around

Started by kewatin, April 12, 2012, 01:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

GREETINGS
First time using BACHMANN'S WARRANTY SERVICE from what i understand is excellent but i sent my n gauge dcc 2-8-0 in for a claim on mar28/12 and got a confirmation tag with repair no# on it saying the turn around on this claim would be 8 wks. i appreciate the notification but 2 months to repair seems a bit long. i would expect this ammount of time after xmas but not in april. the only logigal reason i can think of is there is no replacement stock,i noticed a lot of retailers are also out,possibly this is the reason. i have had nothing but problems with this specific unit from day 1 and followed various forum Advisories ie loosen bottom plate screws a tad etc.etc. all my other BACHMANN purchases are excellent. would any one  care to comment on your turn around time or am i being not to flexable. your imput would be most helpfull understanding this time frame. regards&later KEWATIN

James in FL

Understanding you have a problem loko, you're a bit frustrated, and the news of 8 weeks until you get it back maybe compound your feelings a bit.
Been there, done that.
Two months is nothing, I've had them gone as much as 3 months.
Try to keep your feelings out of it--- it is what it is.
Bachmann's service is great, give them a chance.
Hopefully you have another Lokie to run till then, if not, a good excuse increasing the roster.   ;)
Patients young grasshopper!

skipgear

I think 8 weeks is the standard answer so you will be happy when it shows up sooner.
I have had the repaired items returned before the card made it back to me. The card arrived the next day saying 8 week turnaround.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

ctmorg

It does seem frustrating. I just sent a 4-6-0 in for repair replacement(wheel fell of pilot truck after 1 hour of running and broke valve gear). Also got a card back saying turnaround would be 8 weeks. I think your right, mine is an obvious replacement, but I don't think they have enough in stock. I sent a 4-6-0 in last August and got the same card in about a week  - the replacement engine showed up the next day- who knows. BTW, I have two 2-8-0's and they are both great engines - only complaint is one of them has a pilot truck that occasionally jumps the same switch - haven't quite figured it out yet. The warranty can't be beat, I guess we'll just have to be patient.

ctmorg

Just got my 4-6-0 back from B'mann - 7 weeks early. They replaced it.
RMorgan

kewatin

KEWATIN HERE,
well recieved my 2-8-0 dcc loco this morning and yes it was earlier recieved then when card said it would be. they replaced it with a new one? put it on layout to run &it ran 2 inches &quit, checked loco over &found loose bottom plate screws &tender trucks scews alos loose &a flopping vertical piston rod off of right side valve gear,snugged srews&tried to position valve rod &re tested moves but at from 3/4 throttle to full throttle and intermittently stops and won;t restart, tried on dcc and its just as bad. to make sure i wasn;t having a senior moment i got my other BACHMAN DCC steam locos out and tested all on dc and dcc all ran excellent ,so i wrapped this new unit up with a nice but dissappointing letter asking for another one, hopfully the next one will work/ surely their must be some form of quality control before shipping tocustomer. i have now expende $23.00 in shipping fees&the rate i am going maybe it would be cheaper to buy a new one from a local hobby shop so i can test run it first,sadly these shops tend to inflate the prices drastically,espesally up here in canada.  usually twice the rate as in the usa. i normally order in the us&have shipped to in laws across the river. sorry to rant just diisappointed as i recieved it to-day apr.24/12 &sent it back same day.
regards &later KEWATIN

Desertdweller

It has been a long time since I have had to use the warranty service, but when I did it worked very well.

I had a DDA40X (single motor version) that would not run.  I sent it in for warranty repair or replacement.
What I got back was a different DDA40X than ran well.  What's more, it was a dual motor version!

Les

kewatin

KEWATIN UPDATE APRIL 25/12
Called laura customer service manager and explained my problem,can't say enough about the professional manner she handled my complaint. she is going to exchange my 2nd unit with a new one bench run by a technican and send it out to morrow if possible ,even without having my old unit yet in hand. this kind of servicewill definately retain me as a loyal BACHMNN CUSTOMER.
THANKS AGAIN LAURA and have a nice day.you certainly made mine brighter.
REGARDS&LATER  KEWATIN A.K.A R. PARKES 

axle17921

well its not really taking that long for them to fix your locomotive, you need to give bachmann a little bit of a break here.  When you think of how many thousands of customers deal with bachmann in all scales, it takes time to get to yours.