News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

reverse loop

Started by putchkie, May 17, 2012, 11:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

putchkie

if i have more than one reverse loop do i need more than one reverse loop module?

jward

if you are running dc you don't need reverse loop modules.    they don't work on dc.

on dcc, if you are planning on running more than one train at a time you'll want a module for each reversing section..

in some situations, such as a dead end tail track on a wye, you can use a snap relay in place of the reverse loop module. the relay is thrown when you throw the track switch, and automatically reverses polarity on the tail track for about 1/3 the cost of a module.,
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Desertdweller

Or, you could use an Atlas Controller.  My reverse loop connects my main line with itself across the end loop of a dogbone track plan.

You can use reverse loops with DC, but not reverse loop modules with DC, apparently.

Les

Doneldon

putch-

You can actually use one polarity reversing module for more than one reverse loop if you aren't afraid that two trains will require its services simultaneously. The truth is, that's unlikely. The polarity reversal happens so quickly that it would be just about impossible to have two trains requiring reversal at the same time even if you were trying.

-- D