Photo of Ice Cream Wagon posted

Started by InsideTrack, May 22, 2012, 02:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

SA, it's a different tooling. Most of the detailing on the ice cream van is completely different, especially when comparing the fronts of the vans. There is only one hatch rather than two, and only the horizontal grooves are present. The roof on the ice cream van isn't as curved, and the roof has details rather than being smooth.

The two vans are of different prototypes. The ice cream van is a repaint of Bachmann Branchline's 12 Ton Planked Ventilated Van:

While the ventilated van is a repaint of the 12 Ton Ventilated Van:

*EDIT: If you can't see the picture, right click the icon and click "Open in New Tab" or "Open in New Window," etc, etc.

Choobacca

delete

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on May 23, 2012, 04:08:32 PM
SA, it's a different tooling. Most of the detailing on the ice cream van is completely different, especially when comparing the fronts of the vans. There is only one hatch rather than two, and only the horizontal grooves are present. The roof on the ice cream van isn't as curved, and the roof has details rather than being smooth.

The two vans are of different prototypes. The ice cream van is a repaint of Bachmann Branchline's 12 Ton Planked Ventilated Van:

While the ventilated van is a repaint of the 12 Ton Ventilated Van:

*EDIT: If you can't see the picture, right click the icon and click "Open in New Tab" or "Open in New Window," etc, etc.
If we want to get really technical, the TV series used a different prototype for the Ice Cream Vans:

Which Bachmann UK makes:

The type of vent van used for the Ice Cream Van by Bachmann is this:

The likely reason is that the accurate van seen above is a new tooling introduced last year, while the Ice Cream Van is re-using an ex-Mainline tooling from the 70s-80s.

ThomasFan247

Hmm, never even considered looking at a screenshot :P

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on May 22, 2012, 11:01:25 PM
Huh, if only they posted a picture of Duck, too at the same time... that would've been better. >:(

Are they still deciding on the face?

Who knows? But we'll get a picture of Duck some time in the future.  :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

JD417

simple opinion of mine, dont like it, hornby already did this version, i was really hoping and looking foward to the bogied ones like the mail cars :\

ThomasFan247

Quote from: JD417 on May 26, 2012, 01:41:01 PM
simple opinion of mine, dont like it, hornby already did this version, i was really hoping and looking foward to the bogied ones like the mail cars :\
As far as I know, there was never an ice cream van with bogies on the show, and as Bachmann produces TVS accurate products, one with bogies wouldn't be made.

Cheeky_ULP

The closest thing is this:

Which was used as a Refrigerator Van by Trackmaster.

ThomasFan247

And it's odd that Trackmaster classified it as a refrigerator van, because Flynn's hose was supposedly transported in that van, correct?

Calebtrain

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on May 28, 2012, 10:43:19 AM
And it's odd that Trackmaster classified it as a refrigerator van, because Flynn's hose was supposedly transported in that van, correct?
Yes it was.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

JD417

sparks got wat i was going at, i really wanted to see that one bc hornby already made the version bachmann just did :\

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: JD417 on May 28, 2012, 04:24:05 PM
sparks got wat i was going at, i really wanted to see that one bc hornby already made the version bachmann just did :\
Doesn't really matter if Hornby made it because it's still not easily available to the entire US. It's like saying Bachmann wouldn't need to make Oliver or Stepney because Hornby has.