News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2013

Started by seanrail, December 02, 2012, 10:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoNTrains

@AJW98Productions: Good point! I haven't thought of it that way.

@Zorran202: True, though I find S.C.Ruffey more iconic than Bulstrode, so that's my guess as to why he's in LS. But who knows, like you said:

Quote from: Zorran202 on December 11, 2012, 06:37:52 PM
it's very possible for certain one off's to appear at all (at least of the classic eras).

;)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Chaz

Quote from: Zorran202 on December 11, 2012, 06:37:52 PM
Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 10, 2012, 07:24:16 PM
Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 10, 2012, 04:23:31 AM
Quote from: StephOfTheEast on December 10, 2012, 02:54:27 AM
not recent but still noticeable, Bulstrode.

Bulstrode? That's a nice choice, considering he had only 1 major appearence. And call me crazy, but I myself wouldn't mind seeing George made. :P
Well, S.C.Ruffey had one technical appearance too (not counting his Season 5 appearances since his name was painted out and was caught up in that explosion in Put Upon Percy), yet he received not only an HO model, but a Large Scale model as well. So it's very possible for certain one off's to appear at all (at least of the classic eras).

S.C Ruffey was only made just because Bachmann already had the tooling that was used for the troublesome trucks and other wagons in the range.  It's the exact same reason why other model brands have made S.C. Ruffey, including the large scale range.  He was made by each of those ranges for some extra money just because he's so easy for them to do and nothing more.  

Though I must admit at this point with Duck, Donald, and Douglas out with S.C. Ruffey in the HO range, it's more of a reason for Bachmann to make Oliver and Toad if you ask me.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: ModelTrainFan538 on December 11, 2012, 11:02:32 PM
Though I must admit at this point with Duck, Donald, and Douglas out with S.C. Ruffey in the HO range, it's more of a reason for Bachmann to make Oliver and Toad if you ask me.

I couldn't agree more.

Zorran202

Yep, I can just picture people making remakes of 'Toad Stands By' on YouTube... Plus it'll be great for the people (like me) who haven't bought the Hornby Oliver and Toad that were retired (if they announce them that is)... :P

On that note, I wonder if any other one off character (not the HiT one offs in the 'new series') could have the potential to appear in the range (like Old Slow Coach, Fergus, Madge, etc., the kind to appear for a number of episodes in one season, but never appear again in later seasons)... Depends really if it's achievable for certain characters like Fergus, who's a little too small to have any fancy mechanisms be able to fit inside him.

Mulfred

I'm slightly worried for the 2013 range as I believe we might not get anything in ho or maybe just an engine and a rolling stock as the reliese of cugginton range might over shadow poor thomas. I really hope I'm wrong and I agree with everyone else Oliver next ho engine and toad the brakevan or red branchline coaches for rolling stock also the fat controllers car might be a nice little addtion. It is used in the series a lot even now in CGI era.

Large scale I'm hoping toby or edward. But I am really not sure. Think we'll get something in one scale but dunno which

Shawn

All eyes are on bachmann,  as the "red box" company are not making any new Thomas products in 2013

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Mulfred on December 18, 2012, 05:54:45 AM
the reliese of cugginton range might over shadow poor thomas.

Chuggington range ???

Mulfred

thomasj219

Eh maybe, not too concerned about it too be honest, Thomas is too popular a brand (not to mention too profitable a brand) to be ignored for long, if indeed that happens. Don't worry.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Zorran202

Plus they've been around for over 10 years, so like what thomasj219 said, they won't be in any danger, besides, after what occurred in terms of the rights for the series (back in February I think), they'll be sticking around for the next coming years to make our layouts even more enjoyable! ;)

DinoNTrains

Zorran202

The funny thing was, after I asked a retailer about when they were gonna get Duck, they told me in return that Chuggington will be released next year, in which this was only a couple of weeks ago that I got the news like around the 27th of November...

Calebtrain

Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 19, 2012, 07:39:59 PM
Quote from: Mulfred on December 19, 2012, 07:56:43 AM
Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 18, 2012, 06:13:25 PM

Chuggington range ???

Sadly yeah :(

since when was a Chugginton range announced?  ???
It was at iHobby....it's a few pages back I think. What month was that...?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: StephOfTheEast on December 11, 2012, 01:11:22 AM
You are right in saying that Cranky and Bulstrode (and indeed Salty) are often lumped together, however it is inaccurate to do so. In the TV Series canon, Bulstrode is abandoned on a beach seven years before Cranky arrives on the Island.  ::)
Yeah but you can make the layout how you want to ;) .

seanrail

Quote from: Calebtrain on December 20, 2012, 06:22:54 PM
Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 19, 2012, 07:39:59 PM
Quote from: Mulfred on December 19, 2012, 07:56:43 AM
Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 18, 2012, 06:13:25 PM

Chuggington range ???

Sadly yeah :(

since when was a Chugginton range announced?  ???
It was at iHobby....it's a few pages back I think. What month was that...?
The Ihobby show was in October