News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2013

Started by seanrail, December 02, 2012, 10:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoNTrains

with a Chuggington range coming, should I worried about the Thomas range being discontinued?  ???
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Anthony P2

Thomas range will not be discontinued because of how well it does with little kids and us older fans. if we keep buying the Bachmann thomas range it will always be around.

kadarrius jones

im new to the forum and by chance does any one think that diesel 10 will  be released? or the flying scotsman?

Anthony P2

Not any time soon. If enough people say they want Diesel 10 or Flying Scotsman then they might. Even though Flying Scotsman is a Railway series character, Bachmann could make him if we say we wanted him. For example, for a while we wanted Duck and now we are getting Duck.

truro125

I'd love to see oliver, arthur, stanley or fergus.

Realistically, only oliver or stanley are likely.

I don't think they'll ever make fergus, a one off character who would be really hard to make. :(

Oliver would make sense, but I've already gotten the "red menace" version, so I don't really care. :P

I'd love to see stanley, and they could re-use the wheelset of thomas.

Cirkit:)

Even though the wheels are similar, Bachmann would most likely use a new tooling for Stanley's motor and wheels.

I could see Oliver, for those who do not own the 'red box' Oliver, or want a more TV-Series looking engine. Toad naturally would have to come along with him.

As for Fergus.. you're right. His size would be impossible to put an eye-mechanism in, there would be too many 'small parts' (hazard for young children), and he hasn't been seen past season 7, so there really isn't much of a point making Fergus.

Perhaps Bachmann should focus on the classics, or the likes of Stanley and Rosie, Two I could see being very popular in the future..

DinoNTrains

of New Series characters being made by Bachmann, I personally think that Rosie has a good chance

Shawn

Why don't we lay down the characters bachmann won't make once and for all?   Then we can just forget about them?

ShadowMonk

Quote from: Shawn on December 22, 2012, 02:14:54 PM
Why don't we lay down the characters bachmann won't make once and for all?   Then we can just forget about them?

I agree! Narrow Gauge engines for a start.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: ShadowMonk on December 22, 2012, 04:42:42 PM
Quote from: Shawn on December 22, 2012, 02:14:54 PM

I agree! Narrow Gauge engines for a start.

Agreed! How about Fergus? (sorry Fergus fans)

TrainFan97

We need to just forget about them making Fergus, and the Narrow Gauge engines. It's highly unlikely to ever happen. Especially Dash and Bash, who have an extremely fragile chassis, and are impossible for Bachmann to make. Classic characters are the most likely to be made.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

ShadowMonk

Season 2
Boco
Daisy
Spiteful Break Van
Trevor

Season 3
Oliver
Toad
Bugly

Season 4
Stepney
The Diesel (D261)
George
Caroline
Bulstrode

Season 5
Old Slow Coach
Horrid Lorry 1-3
The Diesel (Derek)
Arry + Bert
Butch
Thumper
Tiger Moth (If you class as a character?)

Season 6
Harvey (I am guessing he will not be made due to his crane??? Just a guess)
Elizabeth
Jack
Alfie
Max (Eventually Monty)
Ned
Oliver the old excavator
Kelly
Isobella
Byron

Season 7
Fergus (Although a couple of you have mentioned he maybe too difficult for Bachmann to make)
Arthur
Murdoch

They are all the classic characters that have not been made, maybe a good idea to start with these :)

DinoNTrains

@ShadowMonk: Of your list, I can see these characters that won't be made:

Spiteful Break Van
Bulgy
The Diesel
Caroline
Derek
Thumper
The Pack

shining time

Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 22, 2012, 07:08:47 PM
@ShadowMonk: Of your list, I can see these characters that won't be made:

Spiteful Break Van
Bulgy
The Diesel
Caroline
Derek
Thumper
The Pack

the spitefull brakevan, bulgy, caroline, and derek might be made its just if bachmann chooses to make them
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

DinoNTrains

true, but perhaps I should have worded it as "characters that I see as less likely to be made"