News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2013

Started by seanrail, December 02, 2012, 10:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

We are not saying that the line will be discontinued,  just maybe take a break.

Mulfred

one idea that came to me the other day in large scale they sell Thomas' snowplough separately why doesn't the HO scale, think about it, they have the mold its not like collectors wouldn't buy it, and if they sold it for around $7.99 or something I'm sure some people would buy a few to paint different colors for other engines. It makes scene to me. because only way you can get it right now is with the holiday set or if someone sold one on eBay.

JLK2707

My suggestions for 2013:

Engines

1. Oliver
2. Stanley
3. Rosie
4. Whiff
5. Arry
6. Bert
7. Stepney
8. Dart
9. Den

Rolling Stock:

1. Toad
2. Red coaches (composite and brake)
3. Scrap cars
4. More troublesome trucks

Figures:

1. Lady Hatt
2. Dowager Hatt

Buildings:

1. Great waterton station
2. Sodor shipping company

That's it for HO scale. Also, a revamp of Thomas, James and Percy would be great. Another choice is reintroducing the Tar Tanker Wagon.

Large scale:

Engines:

1. Edward
2. Toby

Rolling stock:

1. Henrietta
2. Raspberry syrup tanker
3. Cream tanker
4. More troublesome trucks
5. Spiteful brake van
6. Ventilated van
7. Salt wagon
8. Cattle wagon
9. Spiteful Brake van

BassTbone

So when will we actually find out the real list for 2013 for new products? 

Here's to hoping for Oliver, Stepney, or a S7 engine!

Chaz

Quote from: BassTbone on January 31, 2013, 06:00:55 PM
So when will we actually find out the real list for 2013 for new products? 

Here's to hoping for Oliver, Stepney, or a S7 engine!

We find out at the Toy Fair which is on Feb. 10th-13th, so less than two weeks from now. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cirkit:)

I'm noticing a commonality among desired items.

Oliver and Toad are an obvious choice to follow Duck, along with the Red Coaches. Stepney would be an interesting sight to see in Bachmann form, as would Arry and Bert. A logical choice, considering they have the mold for it (Diesel).
BoCo and Daisy would be very surprising, but then the range is producing more classic engines lately, I would be surprised if they didn't eventually get to those two diesels.
Edward and Toby would be just the right size for Large Scale, though I would expect Diesel to come next myself- they do already have the plans of the OO model to scale up to Large Scale, as others have mentioned before.
Trucks are varied, but the scrap/plant cars keep popping up, as have more Troublesome Truck ideas..

I do look forward to seeing what will be officially announced for the Thomas & Friends range, once the information from Toy Fair becomes available. :)

Chaz

I'm going to do some last minute predictions for 2013:

HO Engines (one of the following):
'Arry and Bert - These are what I think will be most likely in store for 2013.  They both have the same chassis and body as Diesel (minus the ladder) and they are still frequently used in the show.
Oliver - Most wanted engine by a landslide, and would go along perfectly with Duck, Donald, and Douglas!
Arthur - If I can see Bachmann doing any engine outside of Oliver, 'Arry and Bert, it'd be Arthur.  Bachmann seemed to have picked engines who were introduced in series 1-7, if they stick to that trend yet feel like picking one of the newer engines in that respect, then I think Arthur has the best chance. 

Rolling stock (one or two of the following):
Red coaches - I'm still in shock that the red coaches have not been announced yet by Bachmann considering how often they are used in the television series.  Despite this, I think both the composite and brake coach are very good possibilities!
Toad - (Only if Oliver is made) he'd be an easy one for Bachmann to do since the tooling from the branchline range is available. 
Chinese Dragon - Something fun for both older and newer fans, and it wouldn't be that hard for Bachmann to do since they already have the flat car for the dragon to sit on.  Plus if Bachmann made rolling stock like the ice cream wagon or the raspberry syrup tank, I don't see what's stopping them from making the Chinese Dragon.

Road character:
Trevor the Traction Engine - Trevor is the only road character I can see Bachmann doing at this point.  Regardless he has the right demand, and if Bachmann made Terence of all things, I think Trevor would be a great candidate!

Large scale (one of the following):
Toby the Tram engine - This is who I think we would most likely get in large scale, he is the right size and has the right demand.  Plus a lot of people model tram engines in garden railways so Toby might be handy in that respect!
Edward - If we don't get Toby I can see Edward coming into the range.  He'd be the right size since James and Emily have entered the range, but he'd probably be the last tender engine to join the range.

Rolling stock:
Henrietta - (Only if Toby is announced) perfect addition to come out with Toby.
Wagon repaints (blue and/or red)
Tanker repaints (cream and/or raspberry syrup tankers)

Train set:
Emily passenger set - Despite Emily and her coaches being available, I can easily see Bachmann giving her a train set in large scale.  The very same thing happened in HO, I wouldn't put it past Bachmann to do it in large scale.

Very excited for the 2013 announcements!  Let's hope this year is a good one :)

Cupix the Azelf

Well, the 2013 range is here... a bit disappointing, but hey, we got a certain third pair of twins. ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on February 11, 2013, 06:34:33 AM
Well, the 2013 range is here... a bit disappointing, but hey, we got a certain third pair of twins. ;)
I think for the introduction of a completely new line of products, this year's announcements are pretty darn good if ya ask me! The sound-equipped Thomas just tops it all off for me! I've had my current one since 2008 and the motor tends to go every once in a while, so now I have a valid excuse to get a new Thomas (;

Oliverfan17

2013 range in my opinion is diss appointing, as I was really hoping for Oliver, and his chances seemed SO good! Oh well.
:-[ :'(

Zorran202

I'm sure they'll make him either next year or at least in the future. After all, he would be the second most requested after Duck was in that respect. It'll require a bit of new tooling to even make Oliver for the most part, so perhaps they decided to make Arry and Bert since they would just have to have Diesel's reused body, with some minor modifications. Besides, they'll at least get the majority of the classic characters out of the way to then plan out the future with the new/CGI characters as of the present.

PasqualeCS96

I guess we will have to settle for Hornby Oliver and Toad for now, and red paint and extra Annies and Clarabels.  :-\

Chaz

Honestly, I don't think the 2013 line is that bad.  The only addition in the 2013 line that was a poor choice on Bachmann's part was Jeremy, (which was very poor at that!).  It blows my mind that Bachmann picked Jeremy of all characters over the likes of Trevor, since Trevor has a lot more demand and potential for the range.  If not Trevor, than Butch, Bulgy, George, or even Elizabeth would have also been a lot nicer to see in this year's line than Jeremy.  

Everything else though that was announced seemed rather inevitable to me (see post above).  The only other surprises for me was the speed-activating sound Thomas, and arguably Troublesome Truck #4, but that all comes down to it's design choice.  

This year's line wasn't the greatest, but it definitely wasn't the worst.  I'll probably get Troublesome Truck #4 (depending on how it looks) and 'Arry and Bert.  

Zorran202

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on February 19, 2013, 07:07:59 PM
I guess we will have to settle for Hornby Oliver and Toad for now, and red paint and extra Annies and Clarabels.  :-\
Yeah, to those that haven't even gotten Hornby Oliver and Toad, that's gonna be a fun little hunt, cause there's no way anyone like me would be able to find those two... So now, all I have to do is to wait for next year....

Oliverfan17