News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

my train won't work...

Started by rains train, August 14, 2007, 04:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fieromike

Quote from: Guilford Guy on September 02, 2007, 08:08:47 PM
It will but if you plan to continue in the hobby, don't wase money on an ez command. I know this is a Bachmann board but an EZ command can only do so much, and can only program loco numbers. Buy a digitraxx or lenz sys instead.
Don't forget NCE! ;D

Mike

rains train

tell me where i can get 1 please

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

fieromike

Quote from: rains train on September 02, 2007, 09:51:09 PM
tell me where i can get 1 please

You didn't specify what you want one of, so here is a link to Tony's Trains: http://www.tonystrains.com/index.html

Tony's sells all the major brands of DCC, and has some pretty decent comparisons and reviews.  There is also a page, "DCC For Beginners", that will give you a wealth of basic information about DCC.

Tony's is just one of the major players in the DCC market, so when you get ready to buy brand X, there are plenty of people here that can recommend their favorite dealer.

Have Fun!
Mike

rains train

Is the Digitrax Zephyr good if I buy a DCC ready Atlas engine with a decoder already installed?

rains train

And I plan on getting this engine, because it has a decoder already installed.

"Atlas N Scale ALCO C-630 Union Pacific #2904 w Dual Mode Decoder"

That engine good..?

Franz T

The Atlas locomotive is an excellent choice.. Very good runner. I don't do DCC, (the thought of having to fit decoders into 100+ locomotives is deterring me at this time--maybe when I retire ;)), but from what I have read, Digitrax is a good system. All DCC system listed as being NMRA compatible will work with each other; i.e a Lenz decoder will work with a Digitrax system, the only differences are the features of the decoders and the systems (lights, sound,etc.). Some on-line research on the various manufacturer's websites may help you decide what you want..

rains train

Thanks, anyone know if that Digitrax thing will work, and if the loco I want has sound?

fieromike

Quote from: rains train on September 03, 2007, 04:46:22 PM
Thanks, anyone know if that Digitrax thing will work, and if the loco I want has sound?
Yes and no.
The Digitrax Zephyr is a solid entry level system than can be expanded somewhat in the future.
Before you make a final decision on which system to buy, I'd suggest that you download a copy of  each system's user manual.  See what is entailed in programming variables (CV's), making and breaking consists, etc.  Some systems are easier to learn than others.
The Atlas Alco doesn't have sound.  There are very few n-scale locos with factory installed sound decoders; the Athearn Challenger and the PCM E-8(?) are two that come to mind.

Mike

rains train

rains train

I need a not too expensive DCC and sound diesel engine in the 100$-200$ range or 100$-150$

rains train

If you could get a picture that would be really nice ^.^

Guilford Guy

Alex

rains train

rains train

Now I just need 300$ for the engine and Dizitrax controller, and I'm set, exept I don't have 300 bucks lol, and probobly won't for awhile!  :-\