News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

my train won't work...

Started by rains train, August 14, 2007, 04:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

engin is only 140, I dont know how much a zephyr is.
Alex

rains train

zephyr is arouns 200... :-\ and I'm kinda poor currently, so I won't have them for awhile, I might havethe engine soon though..

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Quique

Hi,
  Are you guys gone to write a book about this novel or what?  Rains train, if you want to know about model trains start by buying books and read them, is the only way to go!
Quique

rains train

Well, I'm looking, but so far I've found 0 books by bachmann, still looking though, found a new hobbie shop 3 miles from here, I'ma go take a look there sometime soon. ;D

rains train

BTW, can I use this DCC w/sound decoder already installed on the track I got with my set, and the extra track I bought(I bought a switch, and 2 or 3 6 packs of 5' straight track)

taz-of-boyds

You might be able to get some advice from the guys at the hobby store about a good starter book they might have, does not have to be Bachmann so much as it should be N scale.

The track does not really care if you use DC or DCC.  As the layout becomes more complex (beyond just an oval etc.) the wiring can get more complex.  There should be some good DCC books available at the hobby store for you to study before you get too far.

Keep at it,
Charles

rains train

Ya, I have a long oval with a siding, and I should be able to get some good advise from K10's Model Trains, the hobby store  :D

rains train

Also, good, so I won't have to buy different track, I can just keep the set and try to get the engine fixed, and get a new engine and Zephyr Dizitrax controller  :)

rains train

And the last thing, I might also get a Big Boy, or Challenger, some kind of 4-6-6-4, depending on how much i get off of eBay for selling some stuff. ;D

rains train

rains train

Ya, I plan on getting a 4-8-8-4 Big Boy by Athearn DCC and sound ready for 300 bucks, what type of curve do you need for a 4-8-8-4..?

Franz T

I would say at least 19". Although my Proto 2-8-8-2 WILL run on 9.75", as will my Spectrum 2-6-6-2's, they don't really look too good doing it... ;D

rains train

Alrighty, I'll look up some 19' and hopefully have enough room for what I want to do(which isnt much, only have a very small space, around...5" by 4" maybe

rains train

I looked over some sugjestions to how to fix the engine again, and 1 of them worked some!  :o  ;D  :D  I pulled the wheels apart a little and it worked! Befor that it owuld barely move, now it moves, not well, but good enough for me untill I get a new one ^.^

rains train

got a DCC ready atlas SD-24 today for 80 buck at the train store, running it in, so far it looks great! The people that looked at my engine at the train store said the engine was almost fried!  :o  :( It was because of dog hair!!!! ................my dog pretty much lives in my room, so whenever im not useing my new engine, thats running well on b-mann track so far, I'm going to put it back in the box so no dog hair gets into it  ;)