News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

my train won't work...

Started by rains train, August 14, 2007, 04:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fieromike

Quote from: rains train on September 13, 2007, 10:31:30 PM
got a DCC ready atlas SD-24 today for 80 buck at the train store, running it in, so far it looks great! The people that looked at my engine at the train store said the engine was almost fried!  :o  :( It was because of dog hair!!!! ................my dog pretty much lives in my room, so whenever im not useing my new engine, thats running well on b-mann track so far, I'm going to put it back in the box so no dog hair gets into it  ;)
The dog hair is most likely getting into the engine while it is running, not when it is just sitting.  That dog hair is going everywhere and the engine will pick it up while it  goes down the track.  Storing the engine in its box is a good idea though...

Mike

conradin

Quote from: rains train on September 13, 2007, 10:31:30 PM
got a DCC ready atlas SD-24 today for 80 buck at the train store, running it in, so far it looks great! The people that looked at my engine at the train store said the engine was almost fried!  :o  :( It was because of dog hair!!!! ................my dog pretty much lives in my room, so whenever im not useing my new engine, thats running well on b-mann track so far, I'm going to put it back in the box so no dog hair gets into it  ;)
I have similar problems with cat hair. What I do is every other weeks I will totally dissemble the entire loco engine to clean it.  Hair can gets inside the motor.

Another way is to have a pair of tweezers around.  Every time you finish running it you use your tweezers to pull all the hair out.  Also, pull all the wheels out from the truck, as the hair tends to tangle into the axles of the wheels.  If you do this often enough, you do not need to do a total engine overhaul once a fortnight, but maybe once a couple of months.

rains train

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!