Previous topic - Next topic

seanrail

Quote from: seanrail on February 14, 2013, 12:04:15 PM
Dear Yardmaster

Here is how I would re-release the express coaches:

76050 Sodor Express Composite Coach
76051 Sodor Express Dining Coach
76052 Sodor Express Brake Coach

all Price at $40 (£25.79 or 29.98 Euros) and in dark mint green and cream livery with a dark yellow stripe separating the two colours
on second thought, $30 for each coach, making it $90 for the three.

SodorAdventures

You guys need to understand if Bachmann re-releases this coach, they most likely not, but if they do, they need to make VERY expensive, because they realize that not many people want it. So supply vs. demand says I need to make 300 of the coaches to make production costs relatively fair, but I am going to have way too many coaches, so I need to be able to make my money back. I'll make them all 60 dollars each so at least all the people who really want them can pay for coaches still sitting in the warehouse. That's kinda how it works.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

thomasj219

Quote from: SodorAdventures on March 09, 2013, 08:08:58 AM
You guys need to understand if Bachmann re-releases this coach, they most likely not, but if they do, they need to make VERY expensive, because they realize that not many people want it. So supply vs. demand says I need to make 300 of the coaches to make production costs relatively fair, but I am going to have way too many coaches, so I need to be able to make my money back. I'll make them all 60 dollars each so at least all the people who really want them can pay for coaches still sitting in the warehouse. That's kinda how it works.

In a sense, but really you can't charge 60 dollars for something that people thought was too much in the first place. They stopped selling, therefore were no longer produced, Increasing the price and bringing them back will do nothing. That's more just churning out a ridicouously expensive product and hoping some will buy it. It's not that people don't want the coaches either it's that they can't afford them. I think new cheaper coaches will be introduced into the range within the next 2-3 years. Maybe express, maybe not.

If coach tooling really is that expensive than maybe they are looking for a new way to go about making them, I'm not really sure.

However how supply and demand works is that when there is MORE demand the price goes higher, not the other way around. I realize you don't think these coaches will be remade and nor do I for that very reason.

When something doesn't sell at 40 you don't reintroduce it at 60. The few who would buy it just isn't enough.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on March 09, 2013, 02:29:24 PM
Quote from: SodorAdventures on March 09, 2013, 08:08:58 AM

In a sense, but really you can't charge 60 dollars for something that people thought was too much in the first place. They stopped selling, therefore were no longer produced, Increasing the price and bringing them back will do nothing. That's more just churning out a ridicouously expensive product and hoping some will buy it. It's not that people don't want the coaches either it's that they can't afford them. I think new cheaper coaches will be introduced into the range within the next 2-3 years. Maybe express, maybe not.

If coach tooling really is that expensive than maybe they are looking for a new way to go about making them, I'm not really sure.

However how supply and demand works is that when there is MORE demand the price goes higher, not the other way around. I realize you don't think these coaches will be remade and nor do I for that very reason.

When something doesn't sell at 40 you don't reintroduce it at 60. The few who would buy it just isn't enough.

I was addressing the fact only a few of the people here want to buy more express coaches. If they [Bachmann] need to make more for the 10 people who want two each, they need to charge much more because of the fact that even 20 coaches is not enough to get mass production (cheaper) pricing . I do understand that they were not being sold (probably due to price)... I think we may just have had a misunderstanding.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Shawn

Every discontinued item is still in stock somewhere.  I was in a hobby store (Central Hobbies, Vancouver,  went as a late birthday present ;D) today,  and saw lots of discontinued items.  I still think it's annoying when stuff is discontinued though.  I like to have the option to buy something, even if I don't buy!

JD417

Quote from: Shawn on March 10, 2013, 12:33:50 AM
I like to have the option to buy something, even if I don't buy!

I couldn't have said it any better myself  ;D

JLK2707

Thank you for explaining it Yard Master!  :)

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Shawn on March 10, 2013, 12:33:50 AMI like to have the option to buy something, even if I don't buy!
If you dont buy something, you might not have an option to buy. (45 miles to my nearest train store now)

Every one wants low cost trains. Across all scales Bachmann trains are compairable to many other manufacturer. Often at a better price. Thomas's lines seem lower in cost than in most of the "rivit counting" counterparts too. They look good, have action, and the line up is big. Re-releases of locos and cars do happen over time in other areas of model RR. Till then yardsales, train shows, lists, and auctions are the best places for the occasional deal, or great find, on out of production stuff. Your really not a true train collector till you buy something rare or used anyway ::). So let the hunt begin.

theriddell888

mrrailroad

I wish Tomy was still making the trains Track master with the talking trains just creep me out. I have a few collectibles but no like 2,000 dollar ones
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

AJW98Productions

Quote from: mrrailroad on March 21, 2013, 06:47:00 PM
I wish Tomy was still making the trains Track master with the talking trains just creep me out. I have a few collectibles but no like 2,000 dollar ones
I plan to sell a bunch of old tomy's on ebay, anyone interested ;)?

mrrailroad

Im looking for Ladys and i have found some so yah
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Rollin Mayham

The prices could have been lowered.

seanrail

Quote from: seanrail on March 09, 2013, 06:26:12 AM
Quote from: seanrail on February 14, 2013, 12:04:15 PM
Dear Yardmaster

Here is how I would re-release the express coaches:

76050 Sodor Express Composite Coach
76051 Sodor Express Dining Coach
76052 Sodor Express Brake Coach

all Price at $40 (£25.79 or 29.98 Euros) and in dark mint green and cream livery with a dark yellow stripe separating the two colours
on second thought, $30 for each coach, making it $90 for the three.
$25 then; the same current price as BAC76040, but this is my last offer to save Gordon from pulling trucks and groaning 'O the Indignity!' or 'Disgraceful!' with James and Henry respectively saying 'Disgusting!' and 'Despicable!'

PaulGWR

Spencer's coach could also be used as the special coach that Thomas took from Gordon's express in "The Missing Coach" as well. ::) or as RWS coaches.

There are also express coaches left over at shops and the coaches from the "other companie".