HO Tracks In Small 38'X38" Space

Started by HOART, March 18, 2013, 01:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOART

I would like to share how I got two loops of HO EZ track on a piece of plywood 38" square .
( 1 )  The original 12- 18" radius EZ  track that came with a Bachmann set  fit nicely on a 38" X 38 " piece of plywood.
( 2 ) 12- 15"  radius  EZ track will fit inside the the other loop .Since Bachmann does not make a rerailer connector track in 15" radius I used an Atlas 842 HO Terminal Rail Joiner .The two wires attach directly to the rails .
Hope this helps someone who needs a nice setup in a very small area .
NOTE - 15" radius is not for long cars .I use it with Bachmann Highrailer Bus, Pick up Truck and Trolley Car .
Enjoy !
Art

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: HOART on March 18, 2013, 01:47:20 PM
NOTE - 15" radius is not for long cars .I use it with Bachmann Highrailer Bus, Pick up Truck and Trolley Car .

Art

It also works OK for very short, 19th-century rolling stock. I suppose it would also work OK for geared engines and logging buggies.

As a matter of fact, I was surprised earlier this winter to discover that my older Mantua/Tyco streamlined passenger cars would run on 15"-radius curves. I'm not sure what the scale length of these cars is, and off the top of my head I don't remember their actual length either. I would also recommend that some folks avert their eyes over the overhang of these car on curves  ;D  but much to my own surprise, they ran on the curves, didn't derail, and stayed coupled (with horn-hook couplers).

Jeff