News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2014

Started by seanrail, March 21, 2013, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulGWR

I agree with sparks on the sound Percy, but I don't know about boco or daisy, it would be nice, but they haven't been seen for years, but then again if bear was released by the other company, then there's a chance of them being released by bachmann. :)

Chaz

Quote from: sodorfan on August 19, 2013, 05:52:25 PM
I agree with sparks on the sound Percy, but I don't know about boco or daisy, it would be nice, but they haven't been seen for years, but then again if bear was released by the other company, then there's a chance of them being released. :)

Hornby's odds of doing BoCo or Daisy aren't exactly better than Bachmann's, especially with the lack of new products that only come out once every two or three years. 

As for Bachmann doing them, I find both of them to be unlikely.  Out of the two, I find BoCo to have a better shot because he has had more appearances and actually has pulled trains in the television series.  Daisy never pulled anything (including one milk wagon, which she refused).  Plus Daisy has been absent in a lot of different ranges in general, especially ones from Japan, so I find her to be out of the question.  BoCo's odds are better, but honestly not by much, due to not appearing since season 5.  Daisy hasn't appeared since season 4, minus her non-speaking role in Calling All Engines, which really doesn't redeem her chances of being made at this point.  If either of them were to be announced, I'd be completely open to it, but for now I don't see how they are going to happen.  Like everyone else has been saying, as far as classics go, Oliver has the best chance by a landslide and I think at this point he's a hard bullet for Bachmann to dodge.

I also agree with Sparks' post on Rosie.  I honestly do not see the big fascination a lot of people have with Rosie.  To me, she's just another minor character who appears on the show every now and again like Stanley or Whiff.  She simply comes in, speaks once or twice a season with no huge role, and that's pretty much it.  I agree with what everyone else has said as far as classic characters being made before her, I feel they'd be much better sellers too. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

I hope BoCo would return in season 18.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Zorran202

Well, we'd have to see what the writing team currently does at the moment. I mean after all, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, Trevor, etc. would still be the highly anticipated characters to return in the series. I'm all for BoCo returning, just hoping they set a character like him up in the right premise of a story, like back in the classic series.

Chaz

Been a while since someone posted on this thread, and I've thought recently about what large scale could do next year, so I'm just gonna show my predictions for what I could see happening next year.  Even though I don't own large scale, it's fun to speculate, which is why we're all here. :)

Engines (One, not both):
Edward - I can't name a single person who wouldn't want to see Edward appear in the large scale line.  One of the main engines from the steam team, Simple design as far tender engines go, and popular with older and newer fans alike.
Mavis - To be honest, I can see Mavis as a better possibility than Edward.  Not only would she go along nicely with Toby, but she would also be a lot more of an easier design for Bachmann to put together.  She is also a pretty iconic character to the series, despite her current appearances being rather brief.  

Rolling stock (two of the following):
Henrietta - Based on how long it took for us to get Henrietta in HO after we got Toby, I feel like Bachmann might take a lot of time before announcing Henrietta in the range.  Especially since I imagine tooling for her would be expensive.  Despite this, I feel that it would be almost ideal, if not inevitable to join the range as far as future rolling stock goes.  
Mail car - This is probably the largest piece of rolling stock I could see coming into the range for the time being.  It's used regularly throughout the show and has remained iconic to the show for years.  
Red open wagon and Cream tanker - Let's be honest, these two are a given based on the rolling stock that we got this year.  An easy repaint is something that Bachmann has almost never dodged in both HO and large scale lines.  

Zorran202

I can see Henrietta being made later on since like how Emily's coaches came first (especially like an unexpected surprise), while she herself came later in the HO line. Same with Toby, except reversed (him coming in first and then Henrietta coming in later)...

Chaz

Seeing as polls are becoming more apparent and the year 2013 is really flying by, I figured I would update my 2014 predictions list one last time before the announcements, at least as far as HO goes.  Large scale remains the exact same as the post I left earlier.  
Engines (One, or possibly two of them):
Oliver - By far the highest demand when it comes to new engines to join the range, and would tie in with some of Bachmann's recent additions like Duck, Donald and Douglas since classic characters usually do the best in Bachmann's range.  Plus, he holds a lot of potential and would be a great seller and addition for the HO line.  On top of that, he's making a return to the show, which alone indicates how popular he will be in the future with older and newer fans alike. 
Stepney - Even though Bachmann has been announcing one engine a year, I wouldn't put it past Bachmann to announce both Oliver and Stepney for two reasons.  One, 'Arry and Bert are being released and they would be an ideal pair since they both want to scrap Oliver and Stepney, as mentioned in character bios and shown with Stepney Stepney Gets Lost.  The second is because whenever Oliver and Stepney come into a range or appearances they usually appear around the same time.  This could be said for when Hornby and Take Along made them, as well as their returns in season 12.  Plus, with the hype going on with Stepney coming out in take-n-play along with the fact he may return to the show soon (around the same time as Oliver, in fact), it does give me hope that we may see him join the range soon.
Paxton - Although I can't see this one happening next year directly, I've never known Bachmann to avoid a simple repaint from a previous tooling, and Paxton is no exception.  I'd say Sidney too, but Sidney barely has had any development from him, whereas Paxton has proven to be a likable character.  

Rolling stock (one possibly two of them):
1a. Toad - A given if Oliver is announced, especially since Bachmann has their mainline tooling to model him after.  
1b. Red coaches - I'm still surprised Bachmann haven't done the red coaches yet as I imagine they wouldn't be too difficult for Bachmann to put together.  Plus with their high demand, they've appeared regularly throughout the series since the second season and have been pulled by a wide variety of different characters.  
2. Flat car with a new load - I can see Bachmann bringing back the same flat car they used for their paint drum load which was recently discontinued but only bringing in a new load to go with it.  I could see them doing logs or pipes or even the Chinese Dragon.  Why the Chinese Dragon is because it has remained somewhat iconic to the show on top of being popular with older and newer fans alike.  Personally out of the three I mentioned I would like to see a log load the most just because logs are more of an iconic load for flat cars on the show.  
3. Revisions - It's been a while since Bachmann has updated any of their rolling stock.  I imagine that they would update their milk and fuel tankers, but I would hope that they can get around to updating their brake van to make it look like the one in the large scale line.  

Road character:
1. Trevor - Out of all the road characters, Trevor is the only one that has serious demand.  I think one reason why Bachmann is hesitant on Trevor is his detailing and small parts.  However, I imagine if they figure out an appropriate time to announce and make a model of him I think they will.  Especially considering how amazing he would look in the range.

Other:
Speed-Activated Sound Percy - If the Speed-activated sound Thomas goes well, or if they want to add any other addition to that line I don't see why they wouldn't add Percy to the range too.  James is also a good possibility too, but that again would really depend on how much further Bachmann wants to take the speed-activated sound range.

seanrail

Quote from: Chaz on November 16, 2013, 01:44:35 AM
Seeing as polls are becoming more apparent and the year 2013 is really flying by, I figured I would update my 2014 predictions list one last time before the announcements, at least as far as HO goes.  Large scale remains the exact same as the post I left earlier.  
Engines (only one of them):
Oliver - By far the highest demand when it comes to new engines to join the range, and would tie in with some of Bachmann's recent additions like Duck, Donald and Douglas since classic characters usually do the best in Bachmann's range.  Plus, he holds a lot of potential and would be a great seller and addition for the HO line.    
Hiro - If there is any other engine who I could see happening besides Oliver, it would be Hiro just because Hiro has proven to be a popular internationally as well as being one of the few newer characters to be popular with older and newer fans alike.  
Paxton - Although I can't see this one happening next year directly, I've never known Bachmann to avoid a simple repaint from a previous tooling, and Paxton is no exception.  I'd say Sidney too, but Sidney barely has had any development from him, whereas Paxton has proven to be a likable character.  

Rolling stock (one possibly two of them):
1a. Toad - A given if Oliver is announced, especially since Bachmann has their mainline tooling to model him after.  
1b. Red coaches - I'm still surprised Bachmann haven't done the red coaches yet as I imagine they wouldn't be too difficult for Bachmann to put together.  Plus with their high demand, they've appeared regularly throughout the series since the second season and have been pulled by a wide variety of different characters.  
2. Flat car with a new load - I can see Bachmann bringing back the same flat car they used for their paint drum load which was recently discontinued but only bringing in a new load to go with it.  I could see them doing logs or pipes or even the Chinese Dragon.  Why the Chinese Dragon is because it has remained somewhat iconic to the show on top of being popular with older and newer fans alike.  Personally out of the three I mentioned I would like to see a log load the most just because logs are more of an iconic load for flat cars on the show.  
3. Revisions - It's been a while since Bachmann has updated any of their rolling stock.  I imagine that they would update their milk and fuel tankers, but I would hope that they can get around to updating their brake van to make it look like the one in the large scale line.  

Road characters (only one of them):
1. Trevor - Out of all the road characters, Trevor is the only one that has serious demand.  I think one reason why Bachmann is hesitant on Trevor is his detailing and small parts.  However, I imagine if they figure out an appropriate time to announce and make a model of him I think they will.  Especially considering how amazing he would look in the range.  
2. Bulgy - If there is any other road character I can see besides Trevor, it would be Bulgy just because he has a very basic shape for Bachmann to make.  Not to mention, he would look very nice with Duck and would go along great with a future Oliver model too!  

Other:
Speed-Activated Sound Percy - If the Speed-activated sound Thomas goes well, or if they want to add any other addition to that line I don't see why they wouldn't add Percy to the range too.  James is also a good possibility too, but that again would really depend on how much further Bachmann wants to take the speed-activated sound range.
what about item you want to see re-released other than the flat bed?

Chaz

I wouldn't really consider the flat bed idea so much of a "re-release" just because if it includes a different load, it's a new addition to the line altogether.  At least that's the way I see it. 

I guess if I could see anything making a comeback it would be Gordon's coaches just because they are still used regularly throughout the show, and there is clearly enough demand for them to come back from fans.  I can see why fans would want them back just because without those coaches there really isn't so much for larger engines like Gordon or Henry to pull with the current lineup of rolling stock in the range.  It goes along the same lines why Bachmann should do the red coaches at some point soon just because the HO line needs a larger variety of coaches.

chris123678

I'm more on seeing Large Scale Edward to come out.
He's just the right size, just like James. Many fans are going to want to see him.

PasqualeCS96

I have two of Spencer's coaches for my layout. If Spencer's  brake coach were to be released at least then it could be a complete express for anyone else who just uses Spencer's coaches.

seanrail

Quote from: Chaz on November 16, 2013, 06:49:07 PM
I wouldn't really consider the flat bed idea so much of a "re-release" just because if it includes a different load, it's a new addition to the line altogether.  At least that's the way I see it. 

I guess if I could see anything making a comeback it would be Gordon's coaches just because they are still used regularly throughout the show, and there is clearly enough demand for them to come back from fans.  I can see why fans would want them back just because without those coaches there really isn't so much for larger engines like Gordon or Henry to pull with the current lineup of rolling stock in the range.  It goes along the same lines why Bachmann should do the red coaches at some point soon just because the HO line needs a larger variety of coaches.
in my mind, the lack of express coaches is more of a problem for Gordon than for Henry as the latter mainly pulls trucks more than coaches. Gordon, being an express engine, needs his express coaches back.

bignickrko

Oliver The Great Western Engine, Stepney The Bluebell Engine, The Red Coaches (Brake & Composite Coaches), Spencer's Special Brake Coach, Rocky The Crane, Troublesome Truck #5, Toad The Brakevan, The Spiteful Brakevan, Trevor The Traction Engine, and Bulgy The Doubledecker Bus All I Want To See Released On HO Scale In 2014. :)

seanrail

Quote from: Chaz on November 16, 2013, 06:49:07 PM

I have checked the H company website and their Gordon,s coaches looks as if they're discontinuing because the composite coach is no longer on the website and the brake coach is out of stock. Gordon's coaches must be the major comeback for 2014 into the Bachmann Thomas line in HO scale.

seanrail

Gordon's coaches comeback promotion for 2014

76050 Gordon's Express Composite Coach
76051 Gordon's Express Brake Coach
76052 Gordon's Express Dining Coach

RRP: $28.50 each