News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#6 Remote Crossover Turnout

Started by MR536, April 02, 2013, 02:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR536

Before I place this crossover in line on the layout...I need some advice.  I have no idea if this is DCC friendly as it does not reference that on the packaging.  Another concern I have is the use of insulated frogs....this one appears to be all metal and states that the frogs are electrically wired.  Any help with this would be very appreciated.  Thank You

Marv

Jerrys HO

MR536

The Bachmann crossovers are DCC friendly. They are not designed for DC without doing some major modifications. I know all my numbered crossovers have a wire to power them ( I did not power any of them) but I am not sure if the crossover is already powered or if it has the same wire to connect to the frog to power it without pulling one of mine up.(Not going to happen). I believe they are already powered frogs as I don't remember seeing the wire.(Little thin black wire) I have not had any problems running my 0-6-0 which is my smallest wheelbase loco I have.

Jerry

MR536

Thanks Jerry

On the underside there is this small black wire you speak of but it is not connected to anywhere...just halfway rolled up and sitting there.....there are 2 of them... OK   you answered my concerns....thanks a bunch.... appreciated this forum a lot.....you learn what to do and of course what not to do......thanks again

Marvin