News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

climax g scale plug and play decoder

Started by audiovince, August 07, 2013, 09:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audiovince

how to install aristocraft plug and play decoder in climax with dcc decoder factory installed

Kevin Strong

Pull out the factory plug and place decoder and plug king the Aristo one. You may have to solder some jumper wires to get power to the headlight, though. I'm on the road at the moment, so I can't be more specific as to where you'd have to jumper the connections. The Aristoreceiver does not (in my experience) pass power fro the input pins to the B+ and ground pins.

And this would be a whole lot easier to write if my laptop would recognize the hotel's WiFi, and I didn't have to type this on a blippin' Kindle.

Later,

K

audiovince

thanks for the reply, the cab lights and headlights don't work, is there a schematic to figure it out?

StanAmes

As Kevin pointed out the Aristo unit does not provide voltage out the + and - pins as the specification requires.

If you are using battery power the work around is to connect the battery + and -to the locomotive + and -

If you aare using track power then you need to install a rectifier with the AC side connected to the track and the +- output connected to the locomotive +-.  The solder pads are labeled for making this connection.

That will allow control of the motor and the front/rear headlight.  To control the other functions you will need to connect the Aristo function ourputs to the appropriape solder pads as Aristo does not connect their functions to the pins on their board.

The socket diagram that came with your locomotive should help with these connections.

Hope that helps

Stan