Question about protocol for repair of an HO Spectrum Steam Locomotive

Started by TVRRMAN, October 01, 2007, 12:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TVRRMAN

I see that since the last time I have been on this board (about 3 years ago or better now) a lot of changes have taken place, which is leading me to my question:

I have a Spectrum 2-8-0 Consolidation (1998 Run) which has seen some better days. The Multi-wire plugs failed a while ago, the bolster that locks the body, drive train, and tender together cracked off, allowing the engine to not mesh properly, along with worn out contacts underneath the loco end of it. I did make a light attempt at trying to keep it running to the best of my abilities.

How does one go about sending the model in for maintenance (In this case using the Spectrum Lifetime warranty) to have repairs or replacement exercised?

I saw the part about the $20 fee that gets sent, but was unsure what else I need to do. Thanks in advance

Thomas J Pearce

SteamGene

I think the Spectrum fee is now $25.  Package the locomotive well, hopefully inside the box it came in, and send it to Bachmann in Philadelphia.  You will probably get a replacement loco.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

richG

Quote from: SteamGene on October 01, 2007, 01:20:26 PM
I think the Spectrum fee is now $25.  Package the locomotive well, hopefully inside the box it came in, and send it to Bachmann in Philadelphia.  You will probably get a replacement loco.
Gene
Two days ago I received a couple parts from Bachmann custormer service. A sheet detailing service fees says: Spectrum "HO", "N", cost is $20.00.
Spectrum "ON30", cost is $25.00.
The address is:
Bachmann Industries, Inc.
1400 E. Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124

In case some do not believe me go to this page.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

Rich