News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track and the lack of plans

Started by Ron Zee, November 08, 2013, 11:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Zee

It seems to me that with this company selling this type of track for so long, there would be more available track plans out there on the internet or even here on this site. I can find all kinds of stuff for the more "mainstream" HO and larger scales out there, even in E-Z track. Why are we, the ones who like the scale and the smaller sizes of our layouts treated like the proverbial "redheaded stepchild"?
There are some of us that are trying to enjoy this hobby on fixed incomes and buying books that may or may not have plans that'll work gets to be pretty expensive.

Sorry about all this, I just needed to vent a little. Everyday, more and more, it always costs.

TurboOne59

I have found a few layout plans thru bing search. Not many. As easy as it is to take apart and put together you think there would be 100s of different plans for ez track

Joe Satnik

Dear Ron and T1,

Think about using the AnyRail.com track CAD program, which is free for the first 50 pieces, and fun to work with.

Use the online HO plans  for influence, and try to get them to work with Bachmann N E-Z Track on AnyRail.

Watch for "S" curves in some of the HO plans and try to eliminate them:  Add a straight at least as long as your longest loco or car between opposing curves. 

The sneakiest "S" curves hide at or near turnouts.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

richg

It cost money to hire techies to do this. This is model railroading where you develop your layout. That is suppose to be the fun part of model railroading versus playing with trains.

Rich