News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

engine controls are backwards

Started by paj, November 24, 2013, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paj

I have a bachmann ho diesel run by a nce power cab dcc system. The loco in the forward mode runs backwards and when in reverse runs forward. I have a 3' piece of flex track with test leads fastened to one end. Any suggestions or in other words help!

richg

Quote from: paj on November 24, 2013, 12:04:33 PM
I have a bachmann ho diesel run by a nce power cab dcc system. The loco in the forward mode runs backwards and when in reverse runs forward. I have a 3' piece of flex track with test leads fastened to one end. Any suggestions or in other words help!

Do a decoder reset. I have the Power Cab.
CV8 enter 8.
In the manual I believe.

Not much info. Is this a new loco or one that just had a decoder put in?
Usually a new loco from a store will not do this.

Rich

paj

This is a brand new bachmann dcc equipped loco with dcc on board.

jward

reverse the test leads and see if that helps.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

richg

DCC is not polarity conscious. Reversing the leads will not help.Do a decoder reset and see if that helps.

If not, look at the CV manual for on board Bachmann. The manual is right here in the Bachmann site. It is the EZ Command for Bachmann non sound. There might be a cV for that issue. I don't use EZ Command.

Rich

rogertra

Quote from: paj on November 24, 2013, 12:04:33 PM

1)  What locomotive?

2)  Are you sure it's running in reverse when you select "forward"?

Unless you advise us of what loco, we cannot possibly tell you if it is running correctly as some diesels, RS-3s for example, run long hood forward and if you have an RS-3 and that's the way it is running, then there's nothing wrong.  So, what engine do you have?

paj

rogertra: the loco in question is abachmann ho rs 3 a southern #2735. You may be right This is all new to me.

RAM

Southern and N&W had units set up to run long hood forward.  Check and see if there is a F below the walkway.  That F stands for front.  People working on the locomotive need to know which end is the front.

rogertra

Quote from: paj on November 24, 2013, 07:59:26 PM
rogertra: the loco in question is abachmann ho rs 3 a southern #2735. You may be right This is all new to me.

As RAM posted, the long hood is the front for Southern and N&W and many, many other roads as well.

He also gave good advice when suggesting to look for the "F" on the frame.  Every diesel and electric engine has this painted on the frame, it's required under the rules.

Some models may not have the "F" on the frame, in that case Google is your friend so you can find photos.

Hope what myself and RAM have posted is helpful.  Best of luck with your modelling.