News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc turnouts and nce powwr cab

Started by moolah, July 01, 2013, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moolah

I have several ez track dcc turnouts and I am having difficulty programming them with my  nce power cab. the controller prompts me for the Cv of the turnout and i can't seem to find that info anywhere. Can anyone help. I am new to Dcc and any adice will be helpful.

richg

Take a look at the below document. I do not use these turnouts. That link is right out of this Bachmann site.
Hope this helps.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/EZ_Command_DCC_Turnout_Instructions.pdf

Rich

Bucksco

All DCC decoders are address 3 (or 03) out of the box. They can be changed to another address in the same manner as a locomotive. Don't know about the controller....perhaps the NCC website?

Janot

The only way I was able to program the Bachmann DCC turnouts with my NCE Power Cab was by removing all the locomotives from the track, disconnecting the power from the track, wait a few seconds and reconnect the power.
I push the programming button on the switch to enter the programming mode.  Select the accessory button on the cab, enter the address you want the turnout to operate at and press enter.  The turnout will click twice to accept the address.
The trun out should answer to your commands from now on.

Tammo

Janot, I have done exactly that and it works with one problem, the switch loses its address (either becasue I shut the system down or make some other change).  I use a Digitrax DCC system with the E-Z Track DCC Onboard turnouts.  Any experience on this or ideas on what's going wrong?