News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

detail part recomendations

Started by Irbricksceo, January 14, 2014, 10:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irbricksceo

To any of you who work on locos out there, figured I'd ask. I am ordering various parts for my IHC Heavy Pacific restoration and wondered if anyone has any recommendations on the following parts i need:

Smokestack
Pilot
Headlight
Tender Light
smoke box cover

Thanks in advance, I shall keep searching in the meantime.
Modeling NYC in N

jonathan

Irbricks,

I order detail parts from Greenway Products.  They have a large selection of brass detail parts, including all the ones you listed.

Be aware the owner of the company is getting up there in years and has health issues.  He use to bring his wares to train shows on a regular basis, but now makes rare appearances. 

You can also try Pro Custom Hobbies.  They are a brick and mortar store, but have a website.  They carry a large inventory of detail parts.  The search function is a little clunky.  Their shipping charges are reasonable compared to most.

I have modified/superdetailed many a locomotive using these two sources.

Regards,

Jonathan

Irbricksceo

Well jonathan, thanks. I retroactively remember you praising the man at greenway in the past. I just placed an order although given his health they wont ship for a few months, still, I wish him the best and wouldn't have ordered if I didn't understand. He sounds like a nice man.

IN regards to the restoration, I have some Kadee springs that should come any day now so I can rebuild the electrical contacts. I'll do that and lube the drive so It functions better. I must say this is proving a lot more pricy than I anticipated yet the thrill of accomplishing this is quite nice. beyond that, since it was my grandfathers, I really want to fix it up. It is and old AHM, not IHC as i originally thought. anyway, I'll keep you guys posted on it!
Modeling NYC in N

Doneldon

Brick-

AHM and IHC are the same for all intents and purposes.

-- D