Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

the ultimate 4x8?

Started by jward, June 26, 2014, 08:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

jward

better to be overthought than underthought. if you doubt that, open the hood of your car and try to work on it. some models require the removal of motor mounts to change spark plugs.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jbrock27

Speaking of cars, did you get yours fixed?
Keep Calm and Carry On

CNE Runner

Ah, automobiles. Do you remember the day when you could open the hood (bonnet for our UK friends) and actually see the ground?

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jbrock27

Yes and while not a big dude, I could just about fit myself between 1 side of my engine and the nearest fender of my first car.

Thankfully, many new cars today do not need to have the spark plugs replaced until about 100K miles.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jward

Quote from: jbrock27 on July 04, 2014, 06:19:27 PM
Speaking of cars, did you get yours fixed?

still trying. fix one thing another breaks. if this keeps up there will be no road trips this summer.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

Quoteif this keeps up there will be no road trips this summer.

Right now as hot as it is here in Lousyana I think the car will melt if I went anywhere ;D,

Jerry

jbrock27

Mr. Jeff, my Scottish brother, is this perhaps a case of good money after bad as well as time and effort not well spent and therefore time for a change of transportation?

Jerry, I thought most of the folks down your way, stay in air conditioning anyway and therefore don't know what is going out outside.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

I guess someone forgot to tell me that part ???. Just spent 5 hours cutting the in-laws lawn.

jbrock27

Someone should get a tractor and save you some time.  I was cutting the lawn too, but it did not take me that long...
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

I have a tractor but their lawn is 3 plus acres. :P

jbrock27

...then a bigger tractor is needed

What size tractor are we talking about here?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jward

Quote from: jbrock27 on July 05, 2014, 03:35:41 PM
Mr. Jeff, my Scottish brother, is this perhaps a case of good money after bad as well as time and effort not well spent and therefore time for a change of transportation?

even with the time and effort i am spending on the car it is still cheaper than buying another. i own it outright. if i had to make a car payment and carry full insurance there'd be nothing left for gas!
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on July 05, 2014, 03:59:12 PM
...then a bigger tractor is needed

What size tractor are we talking about here?

I have a John Deere 48" cut for my yard and use it to cut his. Justin wants to help just have to teach him. ::)

Jeff I'm going thru the same with the wife's Suburban. I am on vacation this week and have to put a water pump on it. Some vacation.

Jerry

Jhanecker2

Gentlemen : I have the same problems  myself here at the farm .  All mechanical  "toys" require  maintenance on a regular basis . It takes me eight hours to do the mowing that I can do from the riding mowers and then much more to do the detail stuff that I don't always get the time to do.  Lord ,   I need Lottery Money so that I can hire Staff. Jojn2.