News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Center Cab diesel

Started by ebtbob, October 08, 2014, 11:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Evening all,

I have tried to find a sound file or video of a Whitcomb diesel to listen to the prime mover sound.    There are a couple on YouTube but for me,  not very good.    Is there any way I can hear a sound sample of the sound decoder offered by Bachmann for this engine?
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Stevelewis

I dont  think  the  sound unit  is  available  yet  for  the  Whitcomb Diesel,  it certainly  isnt  here  in  the  UK  and  new  items generally  arrive  here  boefore  they  do  in  the  USA.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

ebtbob

Thanks for your response Steve.   If that is fact that the sound module is not ready yet,  then that makes my decision MUCH easier to go with another sound unit.   Will get either a Cummins diesel or a Baldwin for light switchers.  But,  that being said,  this is one sweet engine.   It runs great and will take the tightest radii I have on my railroad,  that being 18r.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
The sound units are, in fact, available, and they sound great!
Sorry to make your decision harder!
Come to York!
Best,
the Bach-man

Hunt

Click Here   Whitcomb Plug-and-Play Sound Module,  Bachmann Online Store

charon

Mr. Bach-man,
Will that sound decoder work on my Bachmann G scale 45 ton diesel switcher?  If so, any installation tips?
Thanks,
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

the Bach-man

Dear Charon,
No, it won't, because it's not a decoder. It's the sound portion of the existing decoder.
Try a Soundtraxx decoder.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

charon

Aah, I understand.
Thanks Bach-man.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

mikeg

I put up a video on YouTube with a demo of my new Whitcomb. I show off all the sounds. The sound quality is very good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0aPAIUh2Tg

Joe Satnik

Nice job on the video, Mike !

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
Nice job!
Did you notice that upon start-up first one engine is heard, followed by the other? It's a really cool effect!
Thanks!
the Bach-man

charon

Mr. Bach-man,
Will the sound work on a DC layout, or does it have to be DCC?
I am thinking of building a small On30 layout to match my Fn3.
Thanx,
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

the Bach-man

Dear Charon,
It will work on analog, but you have less control of individual sounds.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

charon

Bach-man,
Thanks for your response.  I thought that was the case with the sound, but wanted to make sure.
Also, I found three Spectrum On30 B&O boxcars still in the boxes in my "you're at your own risk going into it" train closet. Can't remember when or why I bought them, but they should look good behind one of those diesels.
Thanks again,
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Stevelewis

For  info;l

Whitcomb Sound  modules  arrived  in  the  UK  retailers  this  week (24th NOV)  I received one  today  along  with  6 more 18' Freight  cars  from Tower-Models.com  today
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!