News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale EM-1

Started by PEANUTS, October 22, 2014, 03:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEANUTS

For the Bach Man;
At a recent model train show, my EM-1's tender wheels melted during a short circuit. I think I have repaired the molten plastic and replaced the 2 wheels and one axle, successfully.
Will Bachmann being bringing out spare parts for this new model?

skipgear

Quote from: PEANUTS on October 22, 2014, 03:33:34 AM
For the Bach Man;
At a recent model train show, my EM-1's tender wheels melted during a short circuit. I think I have repaired the molten plastic and replaced the 2 wheels and one axle, successfully.
Will Bachmann being bringing out spare parts for this new model?

So I'm not the only one.

I lost tenders trucks on two of them. I've been begging customer service for the past week with no luck. Mine are beyond repair. I have one good truck out of the four on the locos and I have considered making a resin cast of it to get them back on the tracks if Bachmann can't come through. This experience is really making me second guess the Berkshires I have on order. If I can't fix it, I'm not sure I want it. These loco's are too expensive to be disposable and without parts, that is what they are.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

PEANUTS

Hi;

Yes, am waiting for a reply from the Bach Man . Totally agree with you, locos are way too expensive NOT to have Bachmann to have spare part readily available. I don't know if the supaglue ( c.a.) will hold.
We shall await a speedy reply !!!

the Bach-man

Dear Skip and Peanuts,
We are looking into this.
I'll post an answer soon.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

PEANUTS

Thank you;
Look forward to what news you have to offer.
Peanuts.
Brisbane, Qld. Australia

skipgear

Quote from: the Bach-man on October 23, 2014, 10:58:34 PM
Dear Skip and Peanuts,
We are looking into this.
I'll post an answer soon.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Thanks for checking into this. It looks like there is another batch of loco's just arrived. One distributor that was completely out is showing stock again.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

PEANUTS

Ran my EM-1 with the self repaired tender truck Saturday night..Thank heavens, all went well.
Peanuts