News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Ho train Kit

Started by MrMoose, December 13, 2014, 12:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doneldon

Mr M-

You can wire your EZC directly to the power buss and then run feeders up to the rails. I find the best way to do the feeders is to solder them to the undersides of your rail joiners. I don't like to count on rail joiners to carry current through more than one joint which means a powered rail joiner every four track sections unless I solder rail joiners which I typically do. This can make for a lot of feeders but I use flex track so it's more like a feeder every 12 feet.
                                           -- D

MrMoose

Quote from: Doneldon on December 17, 2014, 12:04:35 AM
Mr M-

You can wire your EZC directly to the power buss and then run feeders up to the rails. I find the best way to do the feeders is to solder them to the undersides of your rail joiners. I don't like to count on rail joiners to carry current through more than one joint which means a powered rail joiner every four track sections unless I solder rail joiners which I typically do. This can make for a lot of feeders but I use flex track so it's more like a feeder every 12 feet.
                                           -- D

Thanks for your response, Since I asked this question I found a great deal on a Nce power Cab kit, so when it comes I will be using it.

trainmainbrian

I remember when my Layout started out like yours NOW INVOLEVED IN A 2 1/2 YEAR BUILD "I should be done with my layout Mid January or Febuary 15 Complete with Scenery" I will shoot some pictures of my layout & post... Now my layout is 16ft Long x 6 1/2 Feet Wide  2 track main & 3 Track interchange & 9 Track Yard Area.... Just an FYI to you if you can extend your layout NOW for expansion & have the Room to do so wile your in the BUILD PROCESS " I highly consider it " I am SO GLAD I did with mine & now I have more than enough room for ALL my Rolling Stock & Loco's...

But Very Nice Bench Work "Well constructed So Far"
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

MrMoose

Quote from: trainmainbrian on December 17, 2014, 09:08:05 AM
I remember when my Layout started out like yours NOW INVOLEVED IN A 2 1/2 YEAR BUILD "I should be done with my layout Mid January or Febuary 15 Complete with Scenery" I will shoot some pictures of my layout & post... Now my layout is 16ft Long x 6 1/2 Feet Wide  2 track main & 3 Track interchange & 9 Track Yard Area.... Just an FYI to you if you can extend your layout NOW for expansion & have the Room to do so wile your in the BUILD PROCESS " I highly consider it " I am SO GLAD I did with mine & now I have more than enough room for ALL my Rolling Stock & Loco's...

But Very Nice Bench Work "Well constructed So Far"

Thanks, I'll keep the expansion in mind before I permanently put the track down.

Update on my layout

MrMoose

I received my new Nce Power Cab today, set it up and made some cv changes and boy what a difference in how the Locomotive runs. Very very smooth.
I am very pleased with the system.  :)

jbrock27

I've heard nothing but good things about them.  Enjoy!
Keep Calm and Carry On

MrMoose

Update.

Bought some more track and pickup a good deal on a 2-8-0 consolidate steam loco.
I don't think that is it DCC ready so I'll be putting in a sound decoder for that.
I ordered a lumber saw mill kit, so I think that will be my theme for the layout.

Doneldon

MM-

A 2-8-0 steam locomotive is called a "Consolidation."

-- D

MrMoose

Doneldon

Quote from: MrMoose on December 31, 2014, 08:04:18 AM
Picky,Picky.... ;D

Moosie-

Not really. There are many opportunities for miscommunication when all we really have is short discussion board
messages. Using accurate terminology mitigates this a little bit. Now if we could just get to proper grammar we might
really have something!
                                     -- D

rogertra

Quote from: MrMoose on December 31, 2014, 08:04:18 AM
Picky,Picky.... ;D

I realise you are joking but in this hobby, like most hobbies, learning the correct terminology is important so that everyone knows and understands what people are discussing.  That we we can be more helpful.

Happy New Year.

Roger T.

jbrock27

I don't know.  I knew he meant Consolidation even though that is not what he spelled.  And I don't even know what a Consolidation is :D

Doc, I can recall you scolding JH2 one time for being pedantic, not too long ago.  It had to do with the Adams Family ;).
Keep Calm and Carry On

WoundedBear

My turn to get picky....lmao.....

Jim...it's Addams Family....2 d's.....lol.

Sid

rogertra

Quote from: WoundedBear on December 31, 2014, 10:38:22 PM
My turn to get picky....lmao.....

Jim...it's Addams Family....2 d's.....lol.

Sid

Good one Sid.  :)

Happy New Year.

jbrock27

...and that was exactly the reason for the aforementioned pedantic episode ;)

I heard Pugsley recently died. Too bad.  I was more a Munsters guy myself.
Keep Calm and Carry On