News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann DCC decoder

Started by MrMoose, March 11, 2015, 05:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMoose

Is there a way to reset the bachmann DCC decoder to factory settings.

Jerrys HO

Yes, cv8 to 8 if your able to program cv's. If your using the EZ Command take all your loco's off the track put the EZ Command in the programming mode set the loco that you want to reset back on the track and press the address button you want. I have been told that this only resets the address, but I beg to differ as it sets my decoders back to their original state.
Jerry

MrMoose

I tried that and it didn't work I have noticed that the loco does not jerk or move when cv's are changed.

Ckrails

I am having the same problem with a new EZ Command system and a Spectrum loco acquired second-hand.  If you get a successful response please let me know and I will do the same.
CKRails

jward

some dcc systems require the use of a 1k ohm resistor across the rails of the programming track in order to change cvs in a Bachmann decoder. my digitrax system is like that.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Hunt

A 1000 Ohm, ΒΌ Watt resistor across the programming track is required for CV read and programming  a non-sound Bachmann(Lenz based) decoder used with a Digitrax Zephyr(DCS50) or Zephyr Xtra(DCS51).

The resistor is not required with the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center or Dynamis DCC systems

Ckrails

If your issue is truly the same as mine, the answer is it doesn't have a DCC decoder.  I mistook the circuit board on my unit for a DCC decoder when it really is only a DC circuit board that only controls the lights and motor.