News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Train falls from bridge

Started by Jerrys HO, April 27, 2015, 10:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Here is a possible reason why: one the aforementioned boxcars has a Built date of: 5/85.  I have no 2015 model boxcars to run with my TechnoToasters (actually, I don't have any of those either :D).
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on April 29, 2015, 06:29:25 PM
Here is a possible reason why: one the aforementioned boxcars has a Built date of: 5/85.  I have no 2015 model boxcars to run with my TechnoToasters (actually, I don't have any of those either :D).

Makes sense.  :) 

Cheers

Roger T.

jbrock27

What changed in them over time to increase the LT WT ?
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on April 29, 2015, 07:27:21 PM
What changed in them over time to increase the LT WT ?

No idea but I'd speculate it's to do with increased drawbar and buffing loads mandated by the FRA requiring a stronger centre sill, the extra weight of that corrugated steel body, large, 12' x 12'  heavier door, cushion underframe, larger truck, large 36" wheels, built to plate F standards of 16'-10 5/8" height etc., etc..

Cheers

Roger T.

Brewman

The picture I saw posted last night shows what appear to be well cars and containers on the ground.

Ken G Price

Quote from: Brewman on April 30, 2015, 11:01:43 AM
The picture I saw posted last night shows what appear to be well cars and containers on the ground.
Even in the posted video you see that it is well cars with containers. At least I can.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/