News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts for Irish Railway Set?

Started by douglas, September 08, 2015, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglas

Hey there everyone. Some of you may remember the Irish Railway set (#000651) from years and years ago. Since it's been long discontinued, is there a way to get parts for it?

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

richardl

Quote from: xxxtmanxxx on September 08, 2015, 05:10:53 PM
Hey there everyone. Some of you may remember the Irish Railway set (#000651) from years and years ago. Since it's been long discontinued, is there a way to get parts for it?

Hope this is a little more helpful.

Maybe on a UK or EU ebay listing. I suspect this set was mostly for the UK or EU. Seriously doubt it would be worth it. I would suspect a pancake motor.
As an example, someone just asked about a 1990 4-8-4.

I think there might be a Bachmann forum for the other side of the Pond. Bachmann does sell a lot over "There".

Rich

ACY

Quote from: richardl on September 08, 2015, 08:50:36 PM
I think there might be a Bachmann forum for the other side of the Pond.
As far as I know no forum exists for either the United Kingdom or Europe. And this forum is pretty much exclusive to North America. Perhaps he can ring someone at Bachmann UK for more info. Other than that there is not much else he can do.

jbrock27

Rich

Now Rich, we certainly would not want to see a sense of humor get the best of you...

Triple X, what parts exactly are you looking for??
Keep Calm and Carry On

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Quote from: xxxtmanxxx on September 08, 2015, 05:10:53 PM

Maybe on a UK or EU ebay listing. I suspect this set was mostly for the UK or EU. Seriously doubt it would be worth it. I would suspect a pancake motor.
As an example, someone just asked about a 1990 4-8-4.

I think there might be a Bachmann forum for the other side of the Pond. Bachmann does sell a lot over "There".

Rich

This set was made for here in the US like the Bachmann "Hogwarts Express" train sets and older "Flying Scot" train set. You can tell because it has the "EZ-Track Included" symbol on the box. Like the "Hogwarts Express" train set it has a British outline engine (in this case, "Irish" but was made using the Bachmann Branchline Southern Railway N-Class 2-6-0 tooling using an early can motor as there isn't enough room in the shell for a pancake type motor instead of the GWR Hall Class like the H.E. train set), and three British prototype coaches (represented by the same coach toolings as the ones used for the Thomas and Friends range Express Coaches that were older LMS style coach toolings from Bachmann Branchline) painted to look like they are from Ireland. As far as parts go, I really don't know what to tell you other than wander the internet on a quest for parts for this engine as you didn't mention what the problem with your engine is.

richardl

The OP should open it up and take a look. Post a couple photos might help identify the running gear.

Rich

Skarloey Railway

Well, Bachmann Branchlines still make (or did until recently) a Southern Railway N Class

This is PDF diagram of Bachmann's N Class mogul so assuming people are right and your loco is basically an N Class in a new paint job you should be able to identify what you need.
http://www.bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/32-150.pdf
on the page where I found that PDF it says "Please Note: Supply of Spare Parts is subject to Availability"
here's the website. http://www.bachmann.co.uk/service/assmbly.php

jbrock27

Quote from: richardl on September 08, 2015, 10:55:10 PM
The OP should open it up and take a look. Post a couple photos might help identify the running gear.
Rich

But Triple X hasn't even specified what parts he/she, is looking for ???
Keep Calm and Carry On