News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis power issues

Started by Vizzin72, December 25, 2015, 10:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vizzin72

I am using Bachmann dynamis with EZ track.  When you hit the stop button on the command station controller power is cut and your trains stop to avoid collisions etc.  it has functioned fine, but now when stop is pushed everything stops but control to the track is permanently lost and the only way to fix it is by removing and replacing the track wires or powering off an on the entire command station.  I have systematically tried to understand why this is happening but I cannot.   :-\  if anybody has any ideas I would appreciate

brokenrail

The E stop has to be programmed to advanced setting .This way you can individually control each loco individually for the Estop,Then the 2nd time you push the stop button the whole thing will shut down like it does now.The manual is not very clear on this ,but this is how it works.
Johnny Adam

Vizzin72

I went in to the setting but it only has two options power down and locomotive estop.  It was working fine initially with power down to the track and then upon hitting it a second time power would go right back.  Now once it powers down the only way to restore power is to wiggle the power wire.  I change the setting to locomotive estop and it works but something is wrong.

brokenrail

The power wire your talking about wiggling is one of the wires that powers the base/receiver or wire to the track  ?Witch-ever wire it is the connection must be true on all the wires to there connectors.I  myself used the green power connector at the base with the set screws. to lock in solid copper phone wire for a good connection.Loose connections will cause problems.
Johnny

Vizzin72

Johnny - thank you ... I am using the green connector with the set screws currently.  The problem is with the connection at the terminal re railer.  I bought the terminals so I wouldn't have to solder, but it looks like soldering is going to be the way to go.  Still doesn't really explain the estop issue and how it is even related though since power is fine until pressing the stop button.  But thanks though for your reply

brokenrail

With 1 press of the e-stop button the prime mover will spool down and go into shut down,But you should be able to blow the horn and ring the bell still.If not  you lost your power through your wiring through the re-railer.Give this a try.Also if you throttle it up after it went through the shut down and is silent besides the bell and horn when cued .It should go back into the start up mode and start moving .Pressing the stop button and holding it down after the loco shut down will and should shut down everything . If you have a second loco even with just dcc and no sound ,but a ID different then the other, it should stay running when you put the other into the e stop when programmed  advanced .You can use it for a individual brake for sound value or any dcc engine .
Johnny

Vizzin72

I sent my system back and got a new one, the old one was clearly faulty.